Repent..

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deep Woods
Veteran

Repent..

Postby Deep Woods » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

2Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The only way, by which God can be reconciled to a sinful people, is, by their humbleness before Him and humiliation to the actual reformation and amendment of their lives; that is ever the proper fruit of repentance, to forsake our sins and become better for the future, more pious and devout towards God, more sober and chaste with regard to ourselves, more humble before God, seeking His face and turning from our wicked ways and idolatry, all through the blood of Christ.
Biblical assurance of salvation does not flow from a past decision or a prayer, but from the examination of one’s enduring lifestyle in the light of Scripture.
1John 2:4, 1John 1:6, 2 Corinthians 6:14, Job 13:16

Return to “General Discussion Forum”