Boy Scouts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Re: Boy Scouts

Postby champcaller » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 am

Great post on the topic po monk.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:19 am

Po Monk, I think I speak for the majority when I say that the Main reason for the boycott is due to the lack of backbone from the upper management of
the organization. It doesn't matter to most of us if there is a confused kid that wants to participate in the scouts. I also don't think any of us would
turn a gay person away from our churches because that's not what God would want us to do. It's sort of like boycotting a business for a priciple reason.
There are always unintended negative consiquences to any sort of boycott. AFA recently had a boycott going against Home Depot because they were
supporting the gay community. I was torn on this because I also considered the innocent people just trying to earn a living, that would be effected by
a boycott. So I choose not to boycott HD. This is a similar situation. You make very valid points and If I had a kid in the scouts, I'd have to do a lot
of praying about it to make sure I was making the right choice. Lot of people made a knee jerk reaction because they were pizzed off. Since my boy is only
4, I still have time to consider my choice. As far as Disney goes, those guys have lost all respect I ever had for them. I have blocked the disney channel
from my TV so my kids can't watch it anymore.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
Caller1
Duck South Addict

Postby Caller1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:54 am

Someone boycotting the Boy Scouts...... Will you be boycotting church as well? Gays are allowed, and should be welcomed at church. Along with all depraved, sick, selfish, holy, good, bad, peoples.
Sound familiar?
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.- Karl Marx
Caller1
Duck South Addict

Postby Caller1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:01 am

Boycott public and private schools as well
Sound familiar?
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
Caller1
Duck South Addict

Postby Caller1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:08 am

I think its a bad deal that the Scouts were "forced" to a position. Openly gay leader would be a bad deal, just like gay preacher... Sets a bad and dangerous example.

Farmer around here died recently. Lots of step children. But Ran his own son off years ago for being Gay, never to have any kind of relationship again. I say, "Ran him off". His son. Any thoughts on that?
Sound familiar?
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 am

Keep in mind that the Boy Scouts, while a national organization, is a locally controlled and driven organization that relies mostly upon adult leaders to volunteer to run scout groups, and relies mostly upon local monetary supporters. So, it presents a great opportunity for adult community leaders to influence and shape the lives of young boys so that they will grow up to be great men, or at least good citizens. And because it is so locally driven, you get out of it what you put into it.

I can't think of a time in our history, at least since I have been alive, when the Boy Scouts were needed more. There are a lot of bad influences out there for kids. A properly run and supported local Boy Scout group would not be one of those bad influences. Every kid doesn't have a loving father at home to make sure that they get the right kind of positive male role model influences in their life. And that is why I support the Scouts. It's not for me. I don't have a child in the Scouts. It's a great opportunity to serve others and hopefully provide positive influences upon some young lives. I can't think of a better cause.
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 am

Po Monk +1000

My 11 year old joined scouts this fall. We pre scouted troops in oxford and joined one to our liking based on Leaders, eagle track record, and present scouts. Another thing i did was recruit 5 of his tough friends off his PeeWee full pads football team, the Buccaneers!!. I also threw my hat in for asst to asst scoutmaster but have since been moved now to the fund raising side :roll: I guess they think i am rich!

This weekend my son went on a camping trip to sardis and earned his compass and cooking merit badge. His neighbor sat home and played flappy birds. There is no comparison or equivalent experience a young man can learn the breath of outdoor skills in another program like he can in scouting. period......

Gerald Ford signed my Eagle certificate in 1976. My scouting experience still resonates through my life to this day. If anyone out there has questions or needs info on scouting please, pm me. God Bless Les Fletcher scoutmaster Troop 41 Indianola Ms
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:07 am

I am not boycotting them, just no longer financially supporting them. I understand the logic with the local troops but the trickle effect will have gay leaders leading young boys in the near future. More than likely it will be mandated that X number of leaders be gay within a certain area etc. It is just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.
Peewee
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Jesus loved the woman at the well enough that he saved her life. But he also said to go and sin no more. Which means he didn't agree with her lifestyle...people that talk about the Christian bullies and what the bible says and doesn't say never really understood the word of god anyway. We as Christians should love and pray for the gay community just lie we are with killers and adulterers, and whatever........but it never says we should support what they are. Simple as that!!
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 am

Pleased to report that attendance for last night's annual Yocona Area Council meeting and fundraiser was higher than ever before, setting a new record. MSU President Mark Keenum spoke, emphasizing the importance of scouting in his life and the emphasis on recruiting former scouts in MSU's admissions process, including MSU's scholarship program for Eagle Scouts. He indicated that their research has indicated that former scouts are generally better students than nonscouts. Also, former Eagle Scout, Iraq War veteran, and Tupelo Police Officer, Gale Stauffer, who was recently killed while attempting to capture an armed robbery suspect, was honored along with his family and co-workers who were in attendance.

It was emphasized that ALL locally raised money raised for the Scouts stays local and is used locally. There was a strong showing by community and business leaders throughout Northeast MS. I will be surprised if fundraising this year doesn't break records. Most of the Scout supporters appear to be rising to meet the challenges presented from recent events.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 am

You called it, but like you said, the writing has been on the wall. It's a shame.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Wingman is dead on. It's just the beginning. First lets just attempt to get em in kinda like the military then we will squeeze them in as leaders later and if they say no then we lawyer up and force them to allow it. It's a scary scene these days where the minority controls the majority. Look at Baltimore. Anyone see how in texas they arrested over 100 bikers but in Baltimore as felonies were committed in front of police nobody was arrested??? Reap what you sew I rekon as Baltimore is now having more murders and shootings than ever. But I guess they expect police to come running. Not sure what it will take to save this country but we are the most divided country as a whole that I can ever remember. Worse than north vs south.

Jackson is a prime example. Just waiting to see who they blame for turning into the next Detroit.

Chickfilet survived the boycott and stood their ground and they are proud of their beliefs. Lines always packed and they run circles around any other drive through.

As for Boy Scouts...... Just get ready for the lawsuits just to prove a point then it will fold. I agree with wingman you protect your child at all cost...PERIOD.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”