Boy Scouts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
southdeltan
Veteran

Re: Boy Scouts

Postby southdeltan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the new Gay troop leaders. How long til Scouts are mentioned in the past tense?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:00 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
SCOOTER
Duck South Addict

Postby SCOOTER » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:26 am

I pulled my boys out the day the vote came down, it will never be the same, and we will stand before GOD on day.
May GOD have mercy on the U.S.A.
Kids are like coots,they come in droves for me..........
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:45 am

Ah, I just saw something that happened on July 13th - saying they expect to vote to ratify this on the 27th. Didn't realize it was already voted on.

I'm puzzled by the exemption for troops organized by religious organizations. I don't see that working with a Camporee or other group camp event.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Scout leaders are volunteers who are selected by the sponsors of the particular scout troop, which are typically churches, businesses, civic groups, etc. In the south, it is primarily churches. Unless the churches select a gay scout leader, then there won't be any gay scout leaders.

Carry on.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:26 am

I've heard good things about Trail Life USA , for anyone who may be interested.
http://www.traillifeusa.com/
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Trail Life Troop MS-9115 was officially chartered in Belzoni week before last! Yazoo City Troop MS-1905 was chartered last week.

Find a troop near you at traillifeusa.com. If you can't find a troop near you, start one! You can call me and I'll walk you through the process. It's not quick and it's not easy, but it is WORTH IT! It took us a year from going to our first Trail Life meeting to finally getting chartered, but we drug our feet for 6 months.

We had our first troop meeting last week and 5 older boys and 8 younger boys came. Last night I had 11 older boys present.

Look into this program if you are looking for an alternative to BSA. I'm an Eagle Scout, but I'm looking forward to putting the first Freedom award in Belzoni history on one of the young men in our troop.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
water
Regular

Postby water » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm

i am a cub scout leader in my sons pack and have notice a different group of people that have joined in the past couple of years, probably due to the past decisions. These decisions show, like many parents, that we want to protect our children and not be involved in any thing that we see is not right or morally straight. My son likes camping and being outdoors, and will be going to boy scouts next year. He knows nothing of the bone head decisions that been made by people with no back bone and for now no need to. I want him to have fun learning, burning, climbing and tell stores, ext. if the boy scouts were not there, he would still be hunting, fishing ,skiing, ridding bikes and ext. i have thought a lot about this and will be staying, helping the cub scouts. as a parent, i am glad that many parents have stud up to and decided not to continue with the program. However the young boys that are starting in cub scouts now, need more than ever the Christian leadership and role model that quality leaders can provide. Since the decision is now for the charter to deciede who will be a leader in your group, i will not be allowing any one that i don't trust with my own son, to be a leader in our group. this is the same though with the other leaders in our group and the thought before this came about. Like many it was not an easy decision to make, to stay or leave, but in the end i hope i can make a little difference and show young boys the fun to be had outdoors responsibly. Just my thought.
John 4

water
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:01 am

In reading the article below, combined with BSA's decision to allow gay leaders, I'd like to update my position on Boy Scouts. They're headed down the wrong road and have been for some time. As for my boys, I'll just say "thanks, but no thanks." I know that locally, the men who lead the organization in my area are good guys. But at some point, you have to acknowledge that participation on a local level is viewed as supporting the platform of the organization. Boy Scouts is but a feather going whichever the way the wind blows at this point.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/us/boy-sc ... ended_pool

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:49 am

This thread, and the ones like it, are prime examples of why i tune into msducks.com everyday for the past 17 years.
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 am

heard on the radio today that the BSA will now be allowing females that identify as males and will no longer require a birth certificate with gender identity.
Steve Chamblee
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

It ain't just BSA. It's happening in Methodist youth groups, too.

ETA. This is, in no way, a diss on Methodists.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

I have a little girl and to me it's like the bathroom law. Before long there will just be unisex bathrooms. Thank goodness trump is in to buy us at least 4 years. Would you just want anyone busting up on your little girl in the bathroom etc?? Watching just the local news will make you sick just seeing how crazy and sick some people are in this country. We don't need to make it any easier on them to prey on children.

Just imagine your child just starts Girl Scouts and her new troop leader is18 year old Johnny with a full on beard etc. but likes to be called Kate.Would you feel comfortable with your child being lead by someone with totally different beliefs than you are trying to teach. I'm not talking intolerance, but children at such an early age are very impressionable.

I thank god each day for Christian daycare. My child comes home each day with something she has learned and believes that wouldn't and couldn't be taught at a public institution.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 am

Teach your boys yourself and no need for scouts. I went to a scouts thing when i was 12 and when the troop leader was fishing with a spinning reel upside down and tried to tell me how to fish i knew it was stupid.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”