Boy Scouts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JLT
Veteran

Re: Boy Scouts

Postby JLT » Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 am

I just wonder how bad it will have to get in the US before some of us (myself included) will decided to stand up and back down some of these minority groups that are running the country.......including the gubment!!
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 am

Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 am

Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 am

We can all cherry pick verses all day long but reality is reality.

There will be a policy established to integrate gay boys. It will be very methodical and it will be geared to snare good people just like those on this board who want to use this as an opportunity to minister to a troubled young man. It's already been reported that an 800 number to report problems and policy violations will be part of the plan. Leaders will get training on what they can and can't do and will have to sign off on it. So as much as I wish lemonade could be made from lemons here it's just not going to happen. The gay groups changed the Boy Scouts from the top down. A leaders who is out of line with the new Boy Scouts is going to be removed faster than lightning and will be an example out of. It's just the next logical step. These groups wll get as many policy violations documented as they can and go back to the boad saying gay leadership is required because the policy as set by the board is being willfully and flagrantly ignored. Then the federal lawsuits will start saying the civil rights of a gay boy has been violated because a leader didn't do what he was told. This will be a totally different legal argument from whether gays can be allowed in or not.

I heard a pastor say something in a sermon once and it really stuck with me. As believers we do not have to be of the world, but, we do have to live in it knowing how it operates in order to accomplish the great commission. That includes knowing when it is best to leave something or stay. I think this is a time where a bigger statement is made leaving than staying.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

How do you like your Hope and Change?
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm

tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Fri May 31, 2013 1:13 pm

There will be a day....
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Postby Chuckle12 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
rustypjr
Duck South Addict

Postby rustypjr » Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Rusty Parsons
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri May 31, 2013 7:30 pm

:!: They can start The Gay Scouts!
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:26 pm

The dominoes will fall. Allowing gay boys in was never good enough. Watch and see how this plays out.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
bolivarduck
Veteran

Postby bolivarduck » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Look up Trail Life USA- interesting looking alternative. Also, I found the Boys Brigade (mostly in the UK) that both seem to be Christian based- looks like churches/Christian schools should get behind these and parents should start assisting. I'm not a parent, but I would help an organization like this!
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Trail Life is what most that got out are moving to.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 pm

I have been involved in fund raising for the Boy Scouts for many years, and still am. As a matter of fact, I will be attending a Boy Scout fundraising dinner in Tupelo tomorrow night, and attended a committee meeting today for an annual clay target shoot that raises money for the scouts. ( I note that the keynote speaker for the Tupelo event is the MSU President, Mark Keenum). Thus, after years of supporting this great organization, I feel personally vested in its future.

While I was disappointed in the decision of the organization to allow openly gay scouts to participate, I decided not to let that be a reason to pull my support for an otherwise great organization that has had such a positive influence on young boys and young men, helping them to become better citizens.

I understand the anger of some, and respect your decision to part ways with the Boy Scouts if that is your decision. However, I looked at this situation in a practical manner and decided that, for me, such drastic action was not warranted. I just don't think there are enough, if any, "openly gay" boys to make a significant difference in scouting, especially in the South -- and particularly in MS. Although a few friends and acquaintances of mine from high school later in life publicly came out as "openly gay", I didn't know a single one that did the entire time I was in elementary, junior high, and high school. Not one. And I seriously doubt that any of you did either. And I doubt that much has changed in that regard. Young boys just don't identify as such early in life, nor even as teens. So, if there are no openly gay boys in your local Boy Scout council, troop, etc, then why let the mere possibility of something so remote destroy your participation and support for an organization that has done such good and still can?

But despite the remoteness of the situation, lets just say an 11 year old boy announced that he was "gay". And let's assume further that this "gay" kid uncharacteristically liked sports and outdoors activities. We are talking about a rare kid --- one in a million. If this kid signed up to play little league baseball and was assigned to your son's team, would you not let your son play little league baseball? No, you would likely let him play. So, why would you hold your son out of scouting due to the mere presence of such a confused kid? ( BTW, NONE of the few friends and acquaintances of mine that later in life as adults came out as gay, ever played any sport or were involved in scouting).

I also looked at this situation as a Christian. I reasoned that openly gay adults were welcomed at my church. While my church does not condone the gay lifestyle, it does not turn such persons away from hearing God's word. And I don't think that a confused young boy, who thought he might be gay and openly announced such, would be turned away from any church function or activity, including Sunday school, etc.

Thus, for these reasons, I decided to stay the course. I am not going to let such a tiny segment of the population steal a great organization away from our society over this issue. I hope some of you will reconsider your positions.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”