Disney World/ Universal Studios

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ShotgunSP
Veteran

Re: Disney World/ Universal Studios

Postby ShotgunSP » Wed May 22, 2013 10:30 am

Went the last time four summers ago. Big family trip, 15 of us. As stated, always are a lot of foreigners. This trip there seemed that there was an abnormally large quantity of Brazilians. Im telling you there were hundreds of Brazilian teenagers there. Thousands maybe.

Anyway, they were not all that bad to interact with. Fairly cordial, though they traveled in large packs and once they got in a line, the wait shot up to 2+ hours.

The older girls (late teens early twenties) must have been having some contest going because I bet I got kissed 20 times by random Brazilian chicks. Would be standing in line with the family and POW get caught on the side of the head/cheek/etc...

Wasn't too traumatic for me. Wife didn't find it funny at all, though :lol:
BBR12
Veteran

Postby BBR12 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

If you get a chance go eat at the Deep Blu Seafood Grille, Chef Corey York was a high school class mate of mine. We swung by there and ate while hunting down there in March. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. It's located in one of the wyndham hotels, parking was free in the garage if you were eating there.
HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue May 28, 2013 11:45 am

Just got back last night. I'd strongly suggest doing the most popular parks during the week. If you go to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom......definitely don't do it on Saturday or Sunday. They've changed the whole fast pass deal. You used to be able to sign up for a bunch of them at one time. Now, you can only get one fast pass within 1 hr. Figure out the ride you want to do the most and go get the fast pass for it, then plan accordingly. Be careful though, there were several times where the standby line was a 30 minute wait and the fast pass return time wasn't for 3 or 4 hours. That works for some if you already know other things you want to do for 3 or 4 hours. I did see multiple rides though where the fast pass distribution met its quota for the day. Don't bother with Epcot unless there's no one there. Lines are too long for what you get to see. We did the Disney bonus deal where you can do one extra thing a day like a water park or putt putt. My boys enjoyed doing putt putt in the middle of the day when the parks were the busiest. We got out of the heat and crowds that way.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Here now. Refillable cups from the resort are only refillable at the resort, not at the parks (as we thought they were).

Best time at MK yesterday was when we went back at 5pm and stayed till 11. Rode most of the rides and caught the parade, and was not hot. AK today was OK.

Parked truck Sunday when we got here and it has not moved since. Been using bus trans. Only trick I've figured out is take the bus from the resort to DTD, then to the resort where your trying to go to. MK we went to grand Floridian and then took the monorail. Staying at the Caribbean Beach in North Trinidad.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Deagle
Duck South Addict

Postby Deagle » Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Just got home from WDW tonight. The parks were as crowded as I've ever seen them, but we managed to squeeze in everything that we wanted to do. We picked up a Fastpass for Soarin' and our return time was for six hours later!
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 am

Couple planes flying around with a banner: warning: gay day at Disney 6/1
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

Yeah I heard about that! Luckily we couldn't get the condo until the 14th we were planning 6/1 glad that got ruined.
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Well we made it! 2 Universal Studios parks and 6 Disney parks including 2 water parks, all in 6 days with a 9 year old and a pregnant wife! And only missed maybe 3 or 4 rides in all!
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:13 pm

You sir, are a mans man...glad y'all had fun. Go get some rest :wink:

Pix :idea:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Just got back, 8 of us stayed at Fort Wilderness RV Resort in camper... had a 4 day hopper with fun and more pass, rode all the good rides went to blizzard beach.. rained just about every day and it wasn't that hot... We had a great time, I also played Magnolia Golf Course, Lake Buena Vista Golf and Orange County Resort Courses... I highly recommend them if you are down there... Our trip cost $3200 for 8 people, that includes gas, food, RV park, and Hopper Tickets... basically 5 adults and 3 children! We had a blast...

Sometimes you can ride the rides faster if you get in the single rider line.

we were there for a week, Saturday-Saturday
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 am

Is it better to pony up for the nicer area/hotel room for staying in or is it one of those thing where you are only there to sleep and no need for the nicer area?
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 am

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:58 am

We definately plan to stay on site. Animal Kingdom is $384 a night right now.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am

Disney is offering 30% savings and one free ticket day with 4 days purchased on trips booked through 3/31/14. Restriction on dates, but for me it works being we looking to go around Memorial Weekend.

Valid Travel Dates
•March 14 to April 12, 2014
•April 20 to June 15, 2014
•Other great rates may be available February 24 to March 5, 2014

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
ntzhunter
Veteran

Postby ntzhunter » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:01 am

We booked two weeks ago for first week in March. It was a deal too good to pass. Free meal tickets for a week. We decided to fly out of Jackson. You can really get some good deals right now. We did use a travel agent.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”