Want to build golf course in Kazakhstan? PICS POSTED NOW

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Over
Regular

Want to build golf course in Kazakhstan? PICS POSTED NOW

Postby Over » Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 am

If anyone is interested I am in need of some finishers to help build a golf course in Almaty, KZ. Looking for some college kids that know something about golf and can run box tractors and sand pro's. I can give you more information later if you are interested. Send me a resume or something with subject heading MSDUCKS so that I know it comes from this post. All local expenses are paid and we provide everything but food. Round trip airfare is also included from anywhere.

Passport is required to acquire your visa and work is for about 3 to 5 months as season is short due to mountain course. Minimum 3 month commitment. May consider less if you have to go back to school.

Email is as follows: tmay59@hotmail.com
Last edited by Over on Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: Want to build golf course in Kazakhstan?

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 pm

This sounds like a real joke.

"Hey y'all, load up in the back of the truck! We're gonna go build us a golf course in a dessert! Bubba, bring tha beer."
Nobody owes you anything.
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Is this limited to college kids? I can leave tomorrow if pay is right and I can have a week off around the 4th of July for my dive trip to Roatan.

EDIT: This ain't the place the Boston bombers are from...is it? If so, can I bring my owe firearms or are they issued?
Where'd who go?
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm

You serious, Clark?
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
Over
Regular

Postby Over » Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 am

Yes I am serious and need some people over here now. I am in the golf business and need some help. I know that there are some turf heads here from MSU that need something to do during the summer. Just trying to help a few folks out before I outsource it to someone else.

I will take anybody that knows something about golf and wants to learn. We have a close grassing deadline and it takes way to long to teach a Kazak golf even if he can run a tractor. We are in the fine detail process now and not many people want to work for a short time.

Pay is more than you will make in the US as a college student, that is for sure!
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 am

Two questions...

Isn't that where Borat is from?

And how's the duck hunting over there this time of year? :lol:

If this is legit sounds like it could be a good opportunity for someone.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 am

I thought this had to be a joke. I Googled golf in Kazakhstan and there is an Arnold Palmer designed course there. http://www.arnoldpalmerdesign.com/cours ... Kazakhstan

I guess militant Muslims need a get away from bomb making class.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Over
Regular

Postby Over » Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 am

Borat is a four letter word over here and they don't like him to much for the bad publicity they received.

Duck hunting is over here but some hunting is still open as the snow melts and big game is coming down to graze in the fresh green grass.

It is a good opportunity for someone to visit another country and get paid. I have been traveling here 3 years now and it is safe.

So help me out and send out the word for me some landscape guys or golf guys.

I am serious and need some good guys that are interested in pursuing a career and not to come over and party. So no skirt chasers as I need men of integrity. However what you do on your on time is your deal but I can't take a chance on a drunk college kid not showing up for work the next morning after being out all night. We have to invest to much money in airfare and expenses to waste time on someone playing around and not wanting to work. So good references are needed.

For the growth of golf,
Over
Over
Regular

Postby Over » Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am

Few photos of the project so to prove it is real and not a joke.... LOL

LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Re: Want to build golf course in Kazakhstan? PICS POSTED NOW

Postby LawDawg » Tue May 14, 2013 11:50 am

Sounds like fun. If I were younger and single, I'd probably do it just for the experience
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
Bonehead
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonehead » Tue May 14, 2013 12:09 pm

ShotgunSP
Veteran

Postby ShotgunSP » Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Sounds like a great gig. Wish I could swing it!
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Tue May 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Hold the boat! Got a girl gonna update my resume this week! It's from the late 90's. Does anybody have a computer with a 3.5" floppy drive?
Where'd who go?
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 am

Wow, I just saw this post....I'm sorta, kinda, somewhat, semi-retired, but can out-work most 25 year olds....can operate, maintain, and repair just about any machine with a motor.

But, I don't know a golf tee from a goat's goatee.

Wouldn't mind getting away from the ole lady for a few months, either....is there an age limit???
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Wed May 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Post on GCSAA site you will prob find some kids looking for internships. Serious though I have a kid who interned at Farmlinks for me who is in Srilanka who is looking for work.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends

Return to “General Discussion Forum”