Ask DuckSouth - Granite Counter Tops

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DoubleGobble00
Regular

Ask DuckSouth - Granite Counter Tops

Postby DoubleGobble00 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 am

Anybody have experience with contracting someone in the Flowood, MS area for granite counter tops? If so, who did you use and what was the total cost per square foot for tear out and install? What about Granite Transformation cost or experience with this company? Who in the Jackson area has best price and service?

I am looking to replace my existing tile counter tops and 4.5" tile back splash with granite. Anybody do this type of work?

Thanks,

DoubleG
Gant
Veteran

Re: Ask DuckSouth - Granite Counter Tops

Postby Gant » Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am

We used international granite in flowood to do exactly what you are doing. They were at least five thousand cheaper than granite transformations, and it looks a lot better. You will be glad that you have real granite. Also, they only took one day to do the whole job.
DoubleGobble00
Regular

Postby DoubleGobble00 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks for the info. I will have to check them out. They are close by so that works great.

What did they charge you per square foot for tear out/removal of current counter top? Seems like installation for new construction ranges from $40 to $75 depending on type of granite but I can't find much info on how much it cost to remove existing countertop.

DoubleG
JoHo
Veteran

Postby JoHo » Wed May 08, 2013 11:16 am

We got all of our granite from a place in Puckett. I can't remember the name of the shop though. (Marble Place...maybe??)
Proverbs 3:5-6

Magnolia Madison Cay- "Maddie"
HR Rogue River Raffle Tickette - "Tickette"
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am

Gant
Veteran

Postby Gant » Wed May 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Doublegobble, I cant remember what the price per sq. foot was, but he was the best price I could find. Also, they were very professional and did exactly what they said they would do. Give them a call and he will give you an estimate on all costs. You will be happy you put them in, and you will probably kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Good luck with it
DoubleGobble00
Regular

Postby DoubleGobble00 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks fellas.. I appreciate the responses. I will give those guys in Puckett a call.

Gant - I called international granite and they were very helpful. Got a price on tear out, installation, and undermount sinks. So far they are the cheapest I have seen. Thanks for the info.

DoubleG
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm

SIMPLE STONE SOLUTIONS 601-206-5566
COON HUNTER
wingman21
Veteran

Postby wingman21 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Double g I would love to know the findings of your research when you finally get done. I have also been thinking on this
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 am

We've been working with BJ's Tile and Granite on Lakeland past Pinelake. Our next door neighbor is a saleswoman there..
I've heard from several sources that they may not be the cheapest but are the best at mounting and finishing. I have a quote from them but are getting quotes from others as well.

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

onyoside
Regular

Postby onyoside » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 am

I know I am in the minority here but I was in same situation 4 months ago...got multiple suggestions and followed multiple leads. I finally was in a Big Box Store and walked by their granite, needless to say they had better prices and warranties than anyone I had called, and their largest competitior would beat their prices by $100 guaranteed! My final cost out the door for 76 linear feet of counter space which included back-splash was $3104. With that price came a free undermount sink and upgrade on the edge. I did remove my old countertops and was in charge of plumbing (dis-connect and re-connect). I couldnt beat that price anywhere and on top of that I went to Kroger and bought 3000 worth of gift cards to the big box store and earned 12000 points which equals 12-$1 off fill-ups at Kroger. Savings on gas for April and May will be a little over $300! Bought those with Cabelas card so earned $30 reward points at Cabelas! NET NET on granite is around $2775. It has lifetime warranty on granite and was installed by local granite company who subs for Big Box retailer, I told him price and he laughed and said he makes the same wether he installs for Retailer or for me directly he charges the same per ft. He said he doesnt know how they make $ at that price but he gets paid so he doesnt care. PM me and I can send pics for ya to see the quality if your interested.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:04 am

Lowes or HD?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”