Explosion at Tx chemical plant

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Explosion at Tx chemical plant

Postby peewee » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Just got home turned on the tube and see this. Just terrible. Prayers sent for those folks, it's been a tough week for our nation.
Peewee
HeKing
Veteran

Re: Explosion at Tx chemical plant

Postby HeKing » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 am

Its as bad as it sounds. An ammonia nitrate exploded.

I was about 45 miles away when it occured. I heard the blast when it happened but I didn't know what it was til I got in the truck and heard the reports.

Pray for those folks. Injuries in the 100s and unknown number of deaths.
Yazoo Duckman
Veteran

Postby Yazoo Duckman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:18 am

Don't think it's a production plant. Sounds like its a retail place like a Co-Op,jimmy sanders or something like that. Think the fire got to the anhydrous ammonia tanks.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am

Prayers for the families and those injured in that town.. You know that place was probably the lifeblood of that area..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Obviously a bad deal. I'm sure in a few months they will blame some low level employee for leaving a valve turned the wrong way or some fertilizer vapor cloud type deal.

My beef is with Sean hannity. I was just listening to his talk show (trying to wean myself of talk radio due to the blood pressure issues) and that clown was just dead set that Boston, Ricin letters, and this plant were connected. I will agree that there is some remote probability however small that this may be the case but IMO he needs to shut the F up. Talk about unnecessary hyping. This MO is typical for him so I would normally let it slide, but he basically argued with his "expert" guest that there just has to be a connection. Each of the guest I heard tried to tell him to cool his jets, but he wasn't having that. The final straw was he repeatedly referenced his theory, talked over the "experts" supporting his theory, and then would say "I mean I'm not implying anything I'm just saying you HAVE to assume these incidents are related. What a clown. I'm over the media in general including most of the conservative media.
USA Back to Back World War Champs

Return to “General Discussion Forum”