St Jude Heroes

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
grnheadhuntr
Duck South Addict

St Jude Heroes

Postby grnheadhuntr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 am

Hey guys. I know I haven't been on here for a while but I'm coming here to ask for your help. On April 27th, my wife and I are running the St Jude Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville. We signed up not only to run but to help raise money to benefit the children of St Jude. As some of you may know, St Jude does not charge a family a single dime for treatments, lodging, medicine, or meals. And this adds up. At last estimate, it costs about $1.8 million to operate the hospital and support facilities per day. That is the goal of the Heroes for this race, to raise enough money to operate the St Jude for 1 day.

Some of you may have first hand experience with St Jude or know somebody who has. For me, its my two nieces. They are both patients there and both are doing extremely well thanks to St Jude and God.

I have posted a link to my wife's Heroes fundraising page. If you could take a minute to look at it and consider making a donation. Any donation you can make, no matter how small, will go to directly to St Jude and allow them to make a difference in another families life.

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Heroes/Heroes?px=2010148&pg=personal&fr_id=3861

Thanks and good hunting!
Last edited by grnheadhuntr on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the birds are flying great, but if not, enjoy the time; at least you're not at work.
grnheadhuntr
Duck South Addict

Re: St Jude Heroes

Postby grnheadhuntr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 am

I everybody that looks at this post will follow the link and donate $1, it will add up quickly. It just takes a few minutes.
If the birds are flying great, but if not, enjoy the time; at least you're not at work.
grnheadhuntr
Duck South Addict

Re: St Jude Heroes

Postby grnheadhuntr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read this.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”