Need dryer repairman

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Hunkerdown II
Veteran

Need dryer repairman

Postby Hunkerdown II » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Need someone to come fix a heating element in a Samsung front load dryer. I am out of town until about 3pm on Tuesday. Would like for them to come later on Tuesday.

Thanks.
duckter
Duck South Addict

Re: Need dryer repairman

Postby duckter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Pretty easy fix to do yourself. www.appliancejunk.com Can order parts on this site as well. I did mine about 3 months ago - remove the drum and belt, 4 screws and 2 wire connections. I think I paid $58 for the new heating element. Would have been $200 with Mr. Repairman.
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
Hunkerdown II
Veteran

Postby Hunkerdown II » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 am

i have ordered the part and will attempt to self repair. Should be fun.
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 am

get you a 1/4 in nut driver. just saying for ease.

judge jb
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 pm

If it's a front load dryer, I would recommend hitting the rear bearing with some White Lithium grease while you have the drum out. Also, check your belt for wear. You'll have no problem - and you've saved yourself a $100 or more!
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Just had the bearing in mine replaced a few days ago. All types I'd ever seen had the ball bolted in the back on the center of the drum that sat in a cup. Over time the grease would wear out and it would start squaling. Mine has the bearing in the door. The drum has a grove that fits in a bearing on the front.

We bought a new washer and dryer 2 years ago. I asked for the most heavy duty thing they had because we can go through 3 or 4 loads a day with these kids. They told me I'd be just as well off buying the extended service contract. I usually don't do that but it was one of the better decisions I made. I've had them out 2 or 3 times for both. But these things run all the time cleaning up after kids.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Wow. Just Wow.

Wife comes in and says "I hope the element hasn't burned out in my dryer again".

I check the vent - no heat.

:cry: :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”