Evicton question?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Evicton question?

Postby GreenheadJim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 pm

My nephew and his wife has been having some problems. He works nights and woke up today to 2 sherrif's deputy's. They said that his wife was having him evicted. Is that legal for her to do?
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Re: Evicton question?

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Thats out of my league but I think it would have to do with there "legal" status married/seperated. If they own a home together or have a lease where both are named I don't see where you can be evicted from your own home. What I do know if its gotten to that point its time to figure out another living situation until other things are figured out. Its not good to be together in those circumstances especially if kids are involved.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 am

well i've never heard it called eviction, but the bottom line is if she wants him out, he should get out. shouldn't need a leo to make it happen.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 am

judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 am

sounds more like a restraining order.

judge jb
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 am

Peewee
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:56 am

Sounds like this was planned. If they owned...it wouldn't be an issue because he could stay as long as he wanted. Even if they rented and both names were on the lease he could stay. She was planning this by moving into her parents house but still if he established residence he shouldn't be kicked out by her anyway.. Maybe by the parents. Even then he would at least get a notice. On the flip side it sounds like she was planning this and he may be lucky to just be kicked out. Sounds like she may be the kind to do the whole soap in a sock to herself and then call the s.o. And blame him!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 am

Relentless
Veteran

Postby Relentless » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 am

Jerry Springer could sort this whole mess out...
SHANE704
Veteran

Postby SHANE704 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 am

**Im not an attorney**

But with my rental property, you cant just throw someone out like that...You have to post an eviction notice and give them a certain amount of time. And Im sure there is alot more of legal paper work but its not as simple as getting a LEO to go tell them to get out.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

There is a whole legal process that has to be followed to evict someone. I've done it a few times with foreclosed property. The person has to be served with eviction papers, then a court hearing, then you have to set the date for the constable and the law enforcement for the municipality or county to meet you there. Not only that but the property owner also has to hire movers to go in and set the person's stuff who is being evicted on the street corner.

I can almost guarantee there is no lease in this deal. Sounds like a set up and he needs to lawyer up fast. Bet the parents called and said we have someone who has taken up residence in our property without permission and we need him gone.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
huntsober
Veteran

Postby huntsober » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

Her family owns the house?? He is out...save the lawyer money and get a place to stay.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm

yep!

Is not worth the trouble. Was it done right? NO. but who cares.

Get the sheriff to go back with him and get his personal stuff and find another address.

sux but he has been set up.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”