Need some help

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
craziehunter18
Veteran

Need some help

Postby craziehunter18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 am

I'm looking for a place to take my wife hunting Saturday morning. Looking for a guide or someone willing to take us. I can't spend much but she refuses to go to public land and only kill one duck (as this happens everytime we go). Thanks in advance
PS we don't have waders for her this year
Last edited by craziehunter18 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evin

[size=150]TEAM ADVOCARE[/size]

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. -1Thessalonians 5:16-17
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Re: Need some help

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 am

Hope you do better on your paid hunt than my first. I was invited on a paid hunt in crowder and killed 1 shovler 2 weeks ago. Good luck
grnhed
Duck South Addict

Postby grnhed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

I have been on a couple of guided hunts. Some really good, and some really bad. I have never had a good guided hunt the last weekend of the season. Every single time the guide put zero effort into the hunt and talked about how exhausted he was after hunting 60 straight days. Each time the guide put no effort into calling or working ducks. All that to say be careful on the last weekend of the season....
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Never hunted with a guide and quit frankly don't know much about the biz, but I would think any guide worth a damn wouldn't have an opening on the last weekend of the season unless there isn't a bird in the sky. Good luck
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Talk to one of our forum sponsors.
http://www.tallahatchiehunts.com "catfish@tallahatchihunts.com" or "bolton@tallahatchiehunts.com"
http://bayoudeviewoutfitters.com/
http://deltahunts.com/
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
gentimmy
Regular

Postby gentimmy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:22 pm

After another disappointing/mediocre day on WMA X, I thought about the same thing for the last couple days of the season...unfortunately, I think JaMak is probably right and it is hard to take time off with classes throughout the day in Oxford when factoring in a long drive.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”