R.I.P. old friend!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
richard b evers
Duck South Addict

Re: R.I.P. old friend!

Postby richard b evers » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 am

Sorry for the loss
Semper Fi
AKA - Hollywood
uncleC
Veteran

Postby uncleC » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 am

sorry for yor loss...from the pics he looks like he was a fine dog, companion, and friend...just went and looked in my bedroom and that chocolate knothead of mine is sleeping on MY bed and not his...can't imagine losing him because he's a member of my family...again, I'm very sorry for your loss...Chip
woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Postby woundedduck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. It hasn't been fun, but at least I didn't have to make the call. That would've killed me! He went on his own terms. I will take a look at the book, greenhead. I got caught reading Marley and Me by my ex-girlfriend one time. I was crying like a 4 year old on her couch. And Blake was only 10 at the time! She couldn't believe why I was so upset! That dog touched my heart! Nevermind. He didn't touch it, he had the whole damn thing!
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Woundedduck, I don't mean to be disingenuous about your friend. I really don't. I am going through hell watching mine wither away from a strong, duck hating sombitch to a shivering, weak mess. All in a matter of weeks.

But...

I cannot live with myself if I let someone buy the aforementioned book and have my name and reputation on the chopping block. I also cannot bare the thought of people questioning my sexuality. The first chapter was cheesy. The second chapter was more like it and the beginning of the third (what I had read up to the time of my prior post).

A few things, after reading the book:

It's obvious that David (Bill's owner) is gay. I would not be surprised if his wife was having an affair with a militant lesbian, you know, someone with more testosterone. It's also obvious he is a recluse with social problems.

The book ends abruptly and without much reason. I gained no solace from it, quite the contrary. I believe I have the greatest dog in the world, and he is my best friend. But after reading the book, I now believe I am not a very good friend to my dog, and if David is any representation of the relationship I should have with my buddy, then my fears are true.

Rainbow Bridge is a crock, Angus will not be playing and rumbling around with kittens meowing and pawing at his chest. He keeps his distance from cats. And under no circumstamces will any schnauzer challenge him playfully while they frollick off laughing.

Please, if you get this book, do not get it because I said so. Unless you have reason to believe Jake had sugar in his tank.

Seriously though, my prayers are with you.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”