NRA? Or is there something better??

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
South Woods
Veteran

NRA? Or is there something better??

Postby South Woods » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I was thinking of joining the NRA, but thought I remembered another orginazition that was recommended on here. What do y'all say?
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Re: NRA? Or is there something better??

Postby cwink » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm

The NRA is the most powerful due the number of members it has.. The Gun Owner of America is getting bigger every day. It's sort of like DU and DW they are both a little different but are both good. I say join both.

You can sign up for the NRA throug my website at www.safefireshooing.com and you get 10 bucks off an annual membership.. For $25.00 you get 12 months magazine subscription, life insurance, and gun insurance. You can't beat that deal
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 am

Also, NRA offers a payment plan for their life membership. 40 payments of $25 and your NRA Lifetime Member at the end.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
country_20boy
Veteran

Postby country_20boy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:55 am

Last week NRA was giving $25 bass pro gift cards with purchase of a yr membership. makes it basically free. Even without the gift card, that is cheaper than 2 boxes of steel shot or 1 box of rifle ammo.

Guys, If you haven't joined the NRA, please do now. They are the only organization with enough power in Washington to maybe save our 2A rights. I've read the stats several times, and it is pretty pathetic, that there are 80 million gun owners in this country and only 4 million NRA members. Apathy will be our downfall.

I know the NRA can bug the crap out of you with mailings and emails and phone calls, but it is well worth it.
Last edited by country_20boy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeBeJeepin
Veteran

Postby WeBeJeepin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 am

Join the NRA! It is our best hope of keeping our 2A rights
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 am

I have dealt with the NRA some from a lobbying/political standpoint. They do a tremendous job of representing gun owners....tremendous! But for the NRA, it is safe to assume that gun rights in the nation would be very similar to gun rights in Europe.
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 am

another thought on the NRA, the idea of them being bad, obnoxious, etc. for the most part is painted by the enemy, the same way they painted romney as a rich guy, this is the best the republicans can do, etc. etc...... they want guns out of our hands, period, it doesn't stop with assault weapons. My thoughts, it's odd that Eric Holder, given his comments in the 90's, and then his handling of fast and furious, is anywhere near this. Also, it's odd that liberals choose which life is important, two border agents- unimportant, millions of aborted babies-unimportant, anything that fits their agenda - important.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 pm

A lifetime member can also send a request for friends and family to be a lifetime member for $300.
shoot'm in the lips

Return to “General Discussion Forum”