Wireless fence collar.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Wireless fence collar.

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Does anybody have one for there dog? Mine just doesn't want to stay at the house all of a sudden. Im wanting to get the kind that has a transmitter in the house that you can set for X number of feet radius and outside that he gets a shock.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
huntsober
Veteran

Re: Wireless fence collar.

Postby huntsober » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:52 am

Yes I have one. I decided to go with the real deal big boy system and not the in a box system from bass pro ect. It is like a coaxe cble in the ground around 6 ac. I have 3 labs and they stay inside alwys. It took some training by having small flags up around the border then I took them down one by one over time. One of my hard headed labs tried it several times before he gave up. It put him in the ground foaming at the mouth. They have the large battery on them cuz they are big does. I found the box unit to be more of a courtyard patio home type of system. Im in the country. When my dogs leave they leave for 2 days chasing deer and dodging arrows so it was an investment of about 1200 dollars but the peace of mind was worth it to me. Charles Nelson in Clinton Ms. Hidden Fence did mine. 6019063535. He came out a couple times to repair when I cut the line with a disk also. This was after several years of having the system. He has been around a long time. The system gives the dog tone first, then a vibration, then HELL. My dogs lay around like its a nursing home. When I load them in the truck they know they are going off campus and they work their booty off. Good luck.
slew
Veteran

Postby slew » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

i have the kind your talking about put transmitter in house and set the distance, it works great, it comes with flags etc. but i did not even put them up, dont worry your dog will figure out where the line is because it starts beeping before it shocks them, once it pops them, they dont try it again
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 pm

I got one if you want it I'll sale it to ya.....
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I have one and it works great.
There will be a day....
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

What's the radius on the wireless ones and can you put more than one dog on it?
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Will a wireless fence work with hills in your yard.
Peewee
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Most of the base-radius type of wireless fences have a small radius, like 90'.

Funny story - a friend of mine has one for his Boxer, who loved to chase cows next door. He has two twin grandsons that are total hellions. One day he was sitting on the front porch and the dog was just going bonkers, whining and barking and looking at him like "WHY???". He finally figured out the boys found the base and turned the radius down to zero..... Dog's like "dude, I'm on the PORCH, what am I doing wrong??"
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I had a buddy with an Australian Shepard that figured out that he could run wide open through the shock radius and it would quit after about 35 feet. Then he would come to the edge of the yard and sit there till you turned it off and called him. Smart dog he was and funny to watch him running wide open and howling for about 30 yards...
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 pm

That dog died of Old age about a year ago. My Buddy is a respitory therapist and he would go to the hospital with that dog on the tool box of his truck. Rain or shine, winter or summer, when his truck left..that dog was on the toolbox. He would sit out there allday in 100+ temps...all day long. He would bring him water throughout the day. He was a heck of a dog. His two little girls used to ride him like a horse and he let them
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”