any recommended kennels for getting an English Bulldog pup?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukdawgn
Veteran

any recommended kennels for getting an English Bulldog pup?

Postby dukdawgn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 am

Wife and kids have decided they'd like to have an English Bulldog. Google search turns up a zillion puppy listings, anywhere from $300.00 to $5,000.00. Anybody familiar with this kind of pup?
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Re: any recommended kennels for getting an English Bulldog p

Postby Northbigmuddy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 am

They are expensive to buy and keep. Better sit down with the fam and see if they are really up for it. The breed has certain characteristics like the folded up skin all over the face, sinus issues, and from what I hear some poop chute problems as well. I've heard of some pups being fine and others being a nightmare. I know a guy who has bred his registered bulldog once for sure. His male is a maintenance hog. They have to clean his face and ballon knot regularly to hold of infections. I for one would love a bulldog to be a "real" fan of my team, but if I had to massage ointment in his rear end that would be a deal breaker. My buddy has the MSU kind of bulldog not the UGA bulldog. Holler if your still interested. I dunno when or if he will breed him again, but I imagine he knows some folks who do.
USA Back to Back World War Champs
stumpjumper
Veteran

Postby stumpjumper » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Puppy Chase Kennels is a well known and and good kennel to get one from.
GRHRCH UH BOOMERS STORMING LIL ABBYGAIL MH
Dr. B
Veteran

Postby Dr. B » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 pm

bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas 3 years ago and it's awesome. They have some inherent health issues but nothing that isn't managable. She's been a wonderful pet. I got her from Ashley Faulkenbery who used to live a county over from me but I think is now in Florida. You should be able to find her on FaceBook. I paid $1500 for her. I sold my 4 SEC champ tix to Auburn fans and had money left over after buying her! :lol:

Best of luck.

Dr. B

PM me and I can send you some pics of the dog.
"Shoot 'em in the face!"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”