Pass Taylor arrested

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
the tree
Veteran

Re: Pass Taylor arrested

Postby the tree » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:21 am

Much better read when listening to Willie Nelson/Merle Haggard sing Poncho and Lefty. IMO the duck lore stories of warden vs outlaw are as interesting as the thread about the scatters. Think this case looks weak, but should make hunters consider the cost of breaking the law. Hard to believe this is a federal land grab. Like Bill Clinton, dont know Pass, might not agree with his beliefs, but sure would enjoy sippin spirits with both beside a fire at the camp and hearing their stories.

Lets raise our glass to whistling wings, sec football and the southern way of life!
SkippyJ
Duck South Addict

Postby SkippyJ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

SHANE704
Veteran

Postby SHANE704 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am

This is a discussion forum, so lets discuss. Im not trying to play devils advocate, what this hand did was wrong, and the officers that got him had a legit reason to bust him and I'm glad they got him. What gets me, is we talk about building a case....catching the guy in the act multiple times and not just a one time trip to make sure the charges stick and he doesnt get off. What happens when an officer rolls up on me and I have one(1) dove load shotshell in my vest by mistake(yes I use the same veast for doves and ducks) and writes me a big ticket for posession of lead shot, or get checked on the drive out and have a box of lead squirrel shot or lead shot in my pickup. Same but different? Will I have a good change of getting off knowing full well I wasnt walking out with a strap full of lead shot up ducks? Look, I am all for the wildlife and its protection, but anyone who tries to correlate the taking of more ducks than they should or guiding in a federal refuge to the kidnapping and raping of a child(per a previously thread that has been edited) needs to be reminded of priorities and keep them in check.

**disclaimer, I am not taking up for the guy or bashing law enforcement in any way**
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:34 am

any body who uses " tippy tippy day-day" in a post is a clown lovin homo..............

that is all
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 am

Most of you guys probably know, but I say it anyway, relative to federal law enforcement and prosecution...they are not out there trying to police the small stuff and there has been a shift in US Attorney philosophy that they don't really want to deal with it unless they are pretty certain of a conviction. As such, they build a case over a longer period of time, accummulate more charges (to allow room to manuever in the prosecution process - shotgun approach to charges over rifle - precision approach).

All that being said and completely separate and aside from Pass Taylor, if you are not uncomfortable with the increased erosion of your own privacy and civil liberty rights in view of the Patriot Act and now other EOs signed by Obama (and Bush), then you are either ignorant, blind or stupid.

You realize that the federal government can read your emails without a warrant if they are older than 6 months? There is a bill before congress to try to reverse this ability that is expected to get shot down in flames. One can extrapolate out that the federal government could easily read your posts on this board and decide you are a threat, arrest you, take all of your stuff and (due to a relatively new EO by Obama) jail you indefinitely without a trial.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 am

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 pm

If a federal agent shows up at your door and starts asking questions, they already know the answer.... they are just there to see if you'll lie about it.

I'm sure these guys knew what Pass was doing and just needed evidence to confirm it. If it's a federal refuge and he's hunting it then yea, he should be prosecuted. There was a reason these guys showed up to investigate, and probably not just some stuff said on a boat ramp or message board.

On another note, I'm not real sure that jail time fits this crime. Does he deserve to be punished? Sure. Does he need to share a cell with a rapist or murderer, I don't really think so. I think stout monetary fine, along with a ban from hunting all game in the US for an extended amount of time should do it, say five-ten years no hunting, ban his guiding for life. This guy from what I know isn't a violent criminal, just a guy that abused a sport and a system. Our jails are crowded enough but he also should not get off free.
work hard, play hard
HardCashBrake
Regular

Postby HardCashBrake » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am

I heard that Pass had a meeting with government yesterday and that most of the changes were thrown out. As I understand it he will pay a reasonable fine and be done. I could be wrong but that is what I heard.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
flyntwt
Veteran

Postby flyntwt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

could someone elaborate on his ridiculous name?

I feel this merits some attention.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 am

Are we gonna get wet?
HardCashBrake
Regular

Postby HardCashBrake » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 am

More info: The case is closed. Pass paid a small fine. The judge threw out almost all of the charges.
What really sucks is that our federal government spent many tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars pursuing a case that has no merrit.
The new normal.....the US Justice department will not enforce narcotic laws but they will try to put you under the jail for not filling out a pink hunt report card.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

Return to “General Discussion Forum”