Dads With Daughters

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Dads With Daughters

Postby MudHog » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 am

Got a general question for the dads that have daughters on the board. There is a time where we all take out kids somewhere that may not be with our spouse. Whether it be a sporting game, hunting, anything. My question is, when your daughter has to go to the bathroom, do you take her in the men's bathroom? Just the thought alone is scary of taking my daughter in a mens bathroom not so much for the men, but because they aren't the cleanest out of the two choices.

Reason I ask is because my 3 y/o daugher and I have gone to football games this year just her and I and the thought popped in my head. Fortunately she has not had the need to potty, but I know the time will come.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
slim jim
Veteran

Re: Dads With Daughters

Postby slim jim » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 am

That young i would take in the men's room. When she can take care off her self a lil better, just stand at the door of the women's and wait.
this look's like it's gona hurt
PWS
Veteran

Postby PWS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 am

I have daughters and I take them in the men’s room. I would rather supervise, than have them go in the ladies room unsupervised. I check the seat, clean it off, and make sure they don’t touch anything, wash hands and move out.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am

Mens room.
Women seem to frown on grown men hanging out in the Womens room.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 am

I have two girls, grown now. At that age I used to pray a lot that I wouldn't get stuck in those situations :shock: but if necessary I would take them in the mens room until they got old enough to take care of themselvse, then as Slim Jim said just take em to the ladies and wait outside. They always managed just fine.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 am

I have a 4 year old. It seems the sight of a public restroom sign kicks off an urgent need to potty. I take her in the mens, but tell her 'do NOT touch ANYTHING'. :lol: Of course she immediately does.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:50 am

There will be a day....
tica-tica
Veteran

Postby tica-tica » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 am

I have two daughters and one wife... all I can say is bless you. You are going to need it.
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:19 am

Lane, As you know I have two daughters as well. I always take mine to the Men's. It's a crazy world and I want her with me at all times. That's just me...
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 am

There will be a day....
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks guys for the reassurance. Men's bathroom it is.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
dukmisr2005
Duck South Addict

Postby dukmisr2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I was in that situation when was a single dad with two young girls. Three of us went,OSTHUS places together and I would take them to men's only when necessary. As the oldest got older they went together regardless of who needed to go and I waited outside the door. On occasion I have busted up into the ladies room when they get to fussing or screaming. Geta few looks, but most were thoughtful considering situation.
~ Ric M.
Dulaney Seed Inc./AgVenture
877-974-7333

-- Its not the man but the message that keeps on going!! --
-- There is everywhere, but not everywhere is there...
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I have four daughters and up until about 2 or 3 I would go in the mens room. I'd hang around outside and if someone who looked respectable came out I'd ask if there was anyone else in there and then I'd try and time it so we went in alone. I always worked to get them to go before I went anywhere. I've got them spaced out pretty far at 21,15, 11, and 7 so I would just grab an older kid to go with me if I was going somewhere with the a younger one so they could take their sister to the bathroom. I haven't had the problem in years now since three are up old enough to go to the ladies room on their own.

I've always said there was one consolation to my having daughters and that was I didn't have bathroom duty if the wife was with me or an older sister. When we took them to Disney World several years ago there were co-gender bathrooms around so parents could take their young kids. I thought that was pretty well thought out but then again Disney World has taking your money down to an art form and that's the least they could do.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I have a 3yo we go places together all the time and thats the one thing I hate. Hell I dont even like going in mens public bathroom
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain
Sea-Donkey
Veteran

Postby Sea-Donkey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 am

I take mine in the men's room and hold them over the crapper. No way I'm sitting my kid on a crapper in a public men's room. Fortunately when they are too big to hold in that position, they are old enough to go to the lady's room on their own.

The first couple of times (when they are around 3) and you hold them a foot above the seat, they look at you funny..."are you gonna put me on the seat". Once you get them to go hover style the first time, they learn the drill. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”