F&F Boats

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
manleyman

F&F Boats

Postby manleyman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Has anyone had problems getting their boat built by them? I've had a boat ordered and paid for since 8-10-11 (yeah that's right 11) still no boat. Always promising to start on it. They screen their calls. When they decide to answer, they feed ya a line about health problems in the family and we're going to get right on it.

Just wondering if I'm the only one or if there is others being done the same way? Thanks, manley
TODO
Duck South Addict

Re: F&F Boats

Postby TODO » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

I got one in 05 and had it in 6 weeks start to finish. Trappey on here just recently had one built, got it this summer i think. Something aint right on that. I'd get my money back and get something else if i were you. Too many builders out there to put up with that.
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 pm

hate hearing that. Bought my last F and F in 2004. Turnaround was 5 weeks.. Great service. Guess things change.. Sold that boat in one day . Their workmanship is well respected. Had a man from north TN drive down to buy it in 24 hours when I posted it.....hope you get your boat.....you might just drive over there and see them...........I have a Phowler now.....it's my last boat
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
manleyman

Postby manleyman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:35 am

Yeah I've driven down there twice when they wouldn't answer the phone and dropped by there while I was down there deer and turkey hunting. Was being understanding about the health issues, that's why I'v put up with this long. But when you go by there or when they will answer the phone the are building other boats and are going to be on mine next.
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:25 am

Had a friend have very similar issues. He finally got his boat six months later than expected
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 am

You can't possibly believe that they have not made a single boat in that amount of time. They would have to, or they'd be out of business. Why would they be making other boat in front of yours?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 am

Honestly, it sounds like they've got their money and are just not that concerned about it. If they were due, say, $5,000 upon completion you better believe that boat would be turned out pretty quick.

That being said, I've heard nothing but good things on DS about F&F.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Kelly did you get my pm??
Bought my f&f back in 02 I think. Don't remember having any problems like that. Been really happy with my boat though.
Trappey
Veteran

Postby Trappey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I just got one built this summer. Placed my order and deposit on like may 29 and he told me 6-8 weeks. Everybody told me that's what he tells everybody and I better stay on him about it. Talked to him about every two weeks and sometimes once a week checking on where I was in line. Sure enough, dang near 8 weeks to the day I picked it up and it's built great. Had to get a few minor things tweaked like I wanted them exactly but other than that perfect. I've heard others say they got the whole someone's dad died, needed advance pay on the boat, etc. I'd give him a date and say I'm either leaving with a boat or my money. I have Larry's cell phone if you want it just pm me
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
auto-5

Postby auto-5 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 am

I've had a F&F for 12 years...Talked to Doug yesterday about getting some paint...a guy I work with just got a new boat from them last month..took 2 month and this is his 2nd boat from them.
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:48 am

Ordered mine late Feb.'11 was told 6-8 weeks before they'd get started on it. Was told it wouldn't take two weeks to build, it was just a matter of them getting to it. Picked it up in late May. On time delivery is not their specialty. I always like to under promise and over deliver.

Hell of a boat. I was satisfied.
Caller1
Duck South Addict

Postby Caller1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Hate to hear a bad report on them. Reminds me of a so called cabinet maker.

Never ever ever ever ever ever....do business with a guy named Farrol Hood/ A-1 cabinets in Cleveland. He is a crook.
Sound familiar?
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.- Karl Marx
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am

Alright now! Enought of the BS. Doug is not a crook, plain and simple!

I have had MULTIPLE transactions with them over about 10 years.
Sometimes late, yep, but the man is not on here and will NOT be run down by manly, caller or whoever without both sides of the story! Period!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”