Discount Hunting and Fishing, Flowood - BEWARE

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sibbyu

Discount Hunting and Fishing, Flowood - BEWARE

Postby sibbyu » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I normally don't do this but I am pissed right now and decided I would share. Plus I promised this guy that I would share this experience with as many people as possible and he told me to please do so. So here it is:

First: my son has a Diamond Razors Edge and he is ready to move up to the 30-60 lb limbs. I talked to Bass Pro and they would have to send it off to have the limbs changed and they recommended finding a bow shop that is a factory bow tech dealer because they can change them without sending them off. So the closest dealer is Discount Hunting and Fishing in Flowood. So I took it out there last Tuesday. After being criticized for buying it at Bass Pro, I asked how much it would cost. I told him that Bass Pro had told me the limbs were $50 plus shipping and he acted like I was stupid and said "no they aren't. If you would like I will call and find out". Well Duh, that's why I asked. He acted like it was the end of the world then comes
back after about 5 mins and says they are $85. I said fine, how much you charge to put them on, he said I am not charging anything to put them on. I said, ok, how long will it take? He said "depends on what I have going on" which I completely understand, after all, I did make him un-prop his feet off the counter in order to help me, it was obvious he was really busy. Then I rephrased the question and finally got him to say they usually take about a week. Ok.

Next: I was looking at some tannerite and he started telling me about it. The guy behind the gun counter was listening and began to tell me how he used it on beaver dams and the bow guy goes "well I was about to tell him that but I guess you are beating me to it". I thought, man that was rude and I never heard another word he said after that cause I was in complete amazement that someone would act like this guy did.

Today: I call to check on the bow, And he said "I haven't seen the limbs yet". I said "ok, is there anyway we can track them to find out when they will get here". He says. "sir, we've had a hurricane and a holiday in there, I'm sure that has delayed them". I said (sarcastically) "ok, I was just curious if we could get an idea of when to expect it, I didn't mean to insult you by asking that question, have a good day". And I hung up. That's where it gets good. He called me back and called me "a smartass". I think I was the customer but obviously that doesn't matter to this guy. He then told me to come get the bow cause he doesn't want or need customers like me. I'm thinking, you mean customers who call to check on their stuff or who like to know how much they are spending ahead of time??

I never hear about anyone doing much business with this guy, but I would encourage all of you to never go in that store, the guy is a total jerk.
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Re: Discount Hunting and Fishing, Flowood - BEWARE

Postby southernvaughan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Sounds like a lazy piece of garbage that needs a tune up!
huntsober
Veteran

Postby huntsober » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 pm

No worries they will not be in biz long like that...

I have gotten limbs replaced at bow shops regardless if they sell the brand. Take it to Tim at BnB in Pearl he will get you some limbs and it dont matter if they sell the brand or not....fact it, all shops make a iving off of bass pro....and others that are rude. THe limbs are not the sell..... its the wow, I like dealing with those guys Im going back....over and over.
Natty
Veteran

Postby Natty » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Was this the owner or just an employee? If it was an employee then you should go to the owner and I'm sure he would nip that in the bud real quick. No need to give them a bad name on here if the owner has no idea you were treated badly. If it was the owner then rail on...
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Im a stickler for customer service myself...I say keep banging your drum. They appearantly dont understand that BP will put that booty outta business ifn they dont offer GREAT customer service as a mom and pop type outfit. Speak to the owner...if that was he, then you dont wanna support them anyhow. Thanx for the heads up :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 pm

If it was Wes, you probably caught him on a bad day. Everyone has them. Should he or anyone act that way? No.

Is it worth "warning" people over? Who knows. Sorry you had a bad experience. I've had nothing but good experiences out there.

He's probably bitter to bass pro just like small time grocery stores are critical of Wal Mart. I try to support local business.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
StraightUp
Veteran

Postby StraightUp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Bow Shops: the reason I quit bow hunting
matt
Veteran

Postby matt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm

+1 I have had good dealings with them!!!!!
HRCH Bayou's Hot And Spicey Gator
------------------------------------------
http://Www.RetrieverProShop.com
www.magnavistaplantation.com
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 am

"Wes" has been a d!ck every time I have been in there and when talking to other people, he hasnt been real helpful to them either. I guess he has a string of bad days......

Kind of has the mentality of "Yeah, what do youy want"

I will never shop there again.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:13 am

Take it to the outfitter in Richland and see Camron......they will treat you right. Buck shoots the Razor Edge and they swaped the limbs on his bow for me there,,,,,,tell him Johnny sent you.

Wes has many "Bad Days" hes been a smart ass ever since he took it over from his dad....if it wasnt him I would be surprised....a bad day is one thing cause we all have them.....but to call a customer back to tell him hes a smartazz....really????...I bet he would not do it in person....at least not to me he wouldnt.
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

I've never walked in there and been greeted. Went in last week to buya case of dove shells and they were so consumed with talking about their latest surgery they never acknowledged me. I bought them somewhere else.

Probably been in there 6 to 8 times over the years and they've never acted like they needed my business.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 am

"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 am

Wes seems to know his stuff about shooting but he can come across pretty rude. Not making excuses for him, but I've known more "turd-cutter" gun/bow shop owners thru the years than nice ones, esp if being a smartazz counts. Maybe it's the nature of the job, but having a bunch of broke d!cks wanting you to get every gun out of the counter just so they can verify what to order from gunbroker.com would crimp my style, too. That said, I have given him first shot at selling me my last 2 guns, he didn't have them in stock and didn't act like he cared to try to get my business so I had to go elsewhere.
The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 am

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 pm