What are the odds?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
KWAKHED
Duck South Addict

What are the odds?

Postby KWAKHED » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm

First off, I'll explain my situation. 7 years ago my I had a litter off my two dogs. My brother's dad bought the biggest black male in the bunch. Well, a month ago, my brothers dad past, leaving my brother with the delima(sp) of what to do with Remi( the dog). Well, he and his step mom thought it a good idea to offer him to me. I gladly accepted. Now to my situation. He is pretty solid on OB and loves to retrieve. He has never hunted a day in his life. I would like to let him hunt with me if he will. My question is this, is it possible to get him to be a meat dog, nothing special, just a plain ole huntin dog. He shows the want to and desire and I would never push him to do it if he wasnt showing interest. Just pondering and wanting the input of others.

Thanks in advance, Lee
HR Choctaw's Sunset Drake
Mississippi Mallard Mafia
Karen Klotthor
Veteran

Re: What are the odds?

Postby Karen Klotthor » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:15 am

Have you never heard the old saying, never to late to teach an old dog new tricks. You might have to go through Force Fetch but if he likes retrieving give it a try. If you are not a member of a local retriever club, join one, meet the members and train. You might be surprised on how fast he picks up things.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”