Jury duty

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
HeKing
Veteran

Jury duty

Postby HeKing » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:39 am

Just got a summons in the mail for jury duty in Starkville. 2 problems here.... 1. I've moved to TX and 2. the date was last monday. Since I obviously did not appear do I have a warrant out for my arrest? I know I can't really do anything about it til monday but thought somebody here might know what I'm up against.

I just got the notice in the mail today thanks to the USPS forwarding service. I would really prefer not to be fined or arrested.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Re: Jury duty

Postby DoublePslayer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

There should be a number on the summons to call if you have a conflict. You should be able to call them and explain what happened and you'll be good. They may ask for some form of documentation though.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
fieldt76
Veteran

Postby fieldt76 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Sucks that you have to wait till Monday to find out if the law is after you.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 pm

call the clerks office and explain that you've graduated and moved. my wife had warrant in humphreys for the same...called and explained that we had moved to starkville, no problem.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”