ukc registration ?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
medic11
Veteran

ukc registration ?

Postby medic11 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:20 pm

So I have done ukc single registration on a few of my dogs in the past and never had a problem, I sent in Deuce's ukc single registration form with a copy of AKC registration and a 3 generation pedigree around a month and a half ago, and yesterday my wife gets a letter in the mail denying his ukc registration and requesting 2 side pictures and one face picture of him before they will be able to complete his registration. I called ukc and they said it was because both of his parents were ukc registered but the litter was not ukc registered, I know of another dog from this same litter that was registered with no problem. Has anyone ever had this happen to them ?
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
Mark Evans
Veteran

Re: ukc registration ?

Postby Mark Evans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Happened to me eight years ago with Elvis. UKC would not let me register him as a single registration because both parents had been UKC registered and the owner of the litter did not register the litter. I had to wait until he was a year old for a single registration and then had to do the picture deal like you if I remember correctly. I complained about this at the HRC national meeting one time and was told UKC would "look in to it."

Mark
Sundown49
Veteran

Re: ukc registration ?

Postby Sundown49 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 pm

If both parents of a litter are UKC registered and the breeder does not litter register the pups you will have to do all the silly stuff to single register a pup. That is now why I may have one parent UKC registered but BOTH AKC registered just so no one has to go thru all the BS. It to me is a MONEY thing with UKC.
Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA)
Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)
http://www.sundownlabs.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”