Looking for Training Group in Canton/Madison area

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
franny131
Veteran

Looking for Training Group in Canton/Madison area

Postby franny131 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 pm

All these many years I've loved the labrador retriever and wished one of my sons would take up that love of the breed. You could knock me over with a feather when my middle son finally expressed an interest this year and wants to learn all about the lab and hunting. Course, I'm happy about it, I'm way over the hill but now will not worry about my dogs so much cause he will be here to help me I'm sure. I've told him one of the best ways to learn it to join up with some of these great guys and sportsmen on Ducksouth.com and go to some hunt tests and any events on the calendar for labs, wish we had a dock dog contest around here too.

My question is this, I'm directing him to the site for Magnolia Retriever Club, but the calendar there is not yet updated for this fall. Can anyone tell me when that information will come out? I know he wants to get involved and attend for the learning experience too. He has a new puppy, 2 new ones, but he's gonna concentrate on the black male for now. Buck is about 13 weeks old and he is hoping he can find a fellow sportsman around his area that he can watch as they train - I've ordered a couple of books, like the 10 Minute Retriever, and DVD's for the interim until he can watch in person. In the Gluckstadt and Canton area and when the weather cools off a bit, is anyone around who would let him participate or watch while training their pup?
Last edited by franny131 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: Hunt Test Club - Events

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 am

Repost this as "Looking for Training Group in Canton area" and I bet you get some hits. :wink:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
stmasley
Veteran

Postby stmasley » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am

We are actually having a meeting today to discuss upcoming events. We should have the dates up shortly.

Thanks
Stephen Masley
franny131
Veteran

Postby franny131 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks to both! I'll check in later Stephen.
I bought some dvd's and books for him, but know that in person working with other dogs and owners will help him more in the long run.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Return to “General Discussion Forum”