Idea for Push Pole, Spud Pole & Paddle Storage

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Re: Idea for Push Pole, Spud Pole & Paddle Storage

Postby Anatidae » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:06 pm

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 pm

"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 pm

no, they gave it to me actually.

his wife hated seeing it in their yard so he said i could have it if i came and got it. i happily obliged. the trolling motor pushes it descent but eventually i'd like to put a small mud motor on it and that sucker could go anywhere. i've even got a small trailer that fits it perfectly.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 pm

[quote="Anatidae"][quote="Anatidae"]
quote]

I have been looking at, and definitely over thinking, the camo pattern I want to put on my boat. Probably oxide dust green. Either way it isn't that big of an issue because I won't hardly ever be hunting out of the boat.

But one thing that strikes me about your picture of your blind is how light it is. I see blinds that look like a black dot among a forest of dead stuff. Winter means white, brown, light brown, white based colors- at least near swampy area, unless you're in green timber. That blind material, which we have as the backing on 2 of our blinds, is lighter colored than almost all the other camo patterns.

Here is a snip from a bird's eye view of a buck brush thicket.

The darkest spots in the picture are the water. One thing that sticks out is the green of the duck weed. I think that if I had the time and money, then the most effective pattern for the inside of a duck boat for my area would be a well matched rendition of the greens and browns in a duck weed pattern laid over a well matched color of the water. Maybe some reflections of the timber laid over a portion of it similiar to something like these reflections:

Because in that pic and standing next to the water, it looks brown and muddy colored. But all of the times I have gotten on satellite imagery, which is everyday with my job, the water is dark blue or black from the air.

So what I am saying, is some of this,

laid onto the side of the boat and "dotting" over the duck weed and dark colors inside the boat (see the first pic, all the light colors or grass and buckbrush are "dotting" the greens and blacks which are really the background) would be the ideal pattern. The key would be to finding that sweet spot where the buckbrush that is "dotting" the dark back ground was just light and just dark enough. So what I am saying is we need this guy:

I don't know how folks live without duck season...
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:24 pm

I would like to see someone make an aluminum pirogue/gear carrier than is really small and light that can be drug with gear in it and used to get in to cross deep sloughs and put out decoys. So many MS duck hunters could benefit from something like that.

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:27 pm

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:30 pm

One year, I seriously considered buying one of the high dollar puncture proof fishing tubes. If you think about it, it is truly the only way to be amphibious. I just didn't want to get laughed at if I decided to get the flippers too.

champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:30 pm

champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 pm

jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 am

I ran a 1842 go-devil with a 25 hp longtail for a couple years when i guided in MO/KS/OK. i hated the boat. it was so freaking heavy that you could only put it in at a ramp.

i would rather have two 14' 150lb skiffs with 6hp longtails than one big boat.

i normally hunt solo anyway, im one of those who likes my stuff a certain way.

i would love a rig with two of these boats powered by a longtail or short tail, that would put two or three guys anywhere they wanted to go in the back water.

anymore i use my boat more for deer hunting than anything else, so i do need to be able to carry an extra 200lbs out if neccesary.

i want a boat i can put on a boat dolly and roll 1/4 mile to the buck brush thicket or cyress swamp that has no ramp or road acess.

im about to start shopping for a spool gun for my Lincoln.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
kris Schaumburg
Veteran

Postby kris Schaumburg » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 am

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 pm

DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Although I dont own a big rig I do own or have owned a couple of small ones, and follow the mud motors pretty close. When you threw 33mph out there with 2 guys in that little rig (when i say little a 36" bottom) I wanted to call BS immediately. The wider the hull the better load carrying ability u have. I did some digging but could find no speeds with the 1436 prowler and 18hp so i sent Paul an email....

This is what I got from him:

The 14 with 18 copperhead will run 24-27 mph one man depending on condition, two men 21-23 mph, three men 17-20 mph.

We have put four in the boat (not legel) and it still planned and ran 16.5 mph.

^^^^^

Straight out the man's mouth that builds them. Mid 20's is stout (scary fast) no doubt but you claimed speeds 10mph faster than the man that builds em and test them. I am currently looking at an 18hp real hard.....
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:38 pm

I am going to dog cuss the chit out of ya'll when I get in that boat next time to take a pic or vid of the gps. DOG CUSS YOU!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”