Atlanta, GA food / sites

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Click
Duck South Addict

Re: Atlanta, GA food / sites

Postby Click » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 pm

crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:06 am

Hey, Teul, I'd love to have a cold one with you while you're here. Also, if you like fishing, especially fly fishing, check out the Fish Hawk. It's owned by some acquaintances of mine, the Merrimans...coached Bob in high school. It is one of the best fishing stores I've seen. Also, if you have time, the Chattahoochee River has some of the best put and take trout fishing in the nation. As it gets closer ,let me know and we'll have an adult beverage or two.

crow
DuckDeke
Veteran

Postby DuckDeke » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Dunwoody:
Dunwoody Tavern can be a good time and is close to where you will be.
5 Seasons Brewing
Taco Mac
Orvis if you are into fly fishing

Atlanta:
Antico (Pizza)
Ormsby's (make sure to go downstairs).
Flip Burger or Yeah Burger if you want to figure out what the overpriced burger craze is all about.
Brave's Game

If you make it up towards to northern burbs:
-Roswell: Go to Canton Street. Plenty of locally owned restaurants and cool atmosphere. Also, it's not too far away from Dunwoody.
-Exit 11 off of Hwy 400 is Winward Parkway. Restaurant there called Cabernet. It is pricey but they have a nice cigar bar.
-Alpharetta: Exit 13 off of Hwy. 400 is the Avenues Forsyth. Plenty of restaurants and such (only outdoor store is the new Academy). Across the street from the Avenues is Norman's Landing which is a decent place to eat. If you make it up that far, shoot me a PM and I'll meet you for a cold one. Keep in mind that exit 13 is an easy or tough drive to get to from Dunwoody depending on the time of day and there is plenty to do between Buckhead and Roswell. Have a good time.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”