DirecTv???

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SNOT
Duck South Addict

DirecTv???

Postby SNOT » Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 am

Anybody have directv.....Do you like it??

I have Comcast and am sick of paying $150 a month for crap service. 5 or 6 of my channels are in Spanish half the time and every time I call those idiots to get it fixed they tell me it's a satellite problem and should be cleared up in a couple days....but it never is fixed. All they do is send a refresh signal to my cable box which doesn't do a damn thing....I was trying to watch a game on ESPNU the other night and the channel was "out of service temporarily"....it's one thing after another so I want to switch to directv.
pintail07
Veteran

Re: DirecTv???

Postby pintail07 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am

We have directtv at the duck camp....seems to work pretty good and never really have any problems with service or programming...like all satellite and cable TV I wish it was cheaper...I have cable at home and I would much rather have directtv...
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:52 am

Or do like I did.
Get a price quote from paper or online. Call Comcast and tell them you are looking at dropping them. Give them the direct tv prices and explain Comcast is higher and thats why you want to change. Tell them it's sad how their service is and if they can't compete the price you will leave them. They will match the price! I did this and stayed with Comcast only for this reason. I pay 79.00 a month for cable and Internet together. Plus HD channels and other programs. Like the channels 700 and stuff. In the package they will charge you 17.00 extra a month for these channels, but their is a kick to it. They are included in your package but they don't tell you this.
so they charge you extra till you call them out on it and get them to explain. Then they will credit you for these channels rather ten charge you. It's a joke but they run it around like this and people don't know. Took me a week to figure it all out and get my price lowered permanently to keep me with them.

Also get the protection plan for 3.00 a month. Any issues they send a person that day to fix at any hour and your not charged. Weekend or holidays this covers. It has saved me on things, like box messes up or cable goes out. They fix it them if a new signal doesn't fix it.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

DISH!!! $54/month!

My neighbor has internet and I give her $20/month cash! I don't have to deal with it!
tobydawg
Veteran

Postby tobydawg » Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm a satisfied directv customer, prices are reasonable compared to cable and the service is much better. I rarely have any problems with reception except during heavy rains it can lose signal for a short time. DVR is the bomb and I doubt I'll ever be without that again.
SCOOTER
Duck South Addict

Postby SCOOTER » Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

DISH IS GREAT
Kids are like coots,they come in droves for me..........
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Dish
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm

There will be a day....
JFW2006
Veteran

Postby JFW2006 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Dish sux... Directv all the way! They have alotore channels than dish and the packages are cheaper
ENJOY LIFE, THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD..
SNOT
Duck South Addict

Postby SNOT » Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I think I'll be calling directv....screw Comcast.
brandon327
Veteran

Postby brandon327 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm

I like the directtv service, but I hate the bill. I do not have anything special and mine is almost $100. They are always going up on the price if might not be but a dollar or two here and there, but over the years it has added up to probably $25 or more. I am thinking about switching to dish.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

Don't end up in a roadside ditch. Get Directv.

BTW - Contact one of your friends who has Directv and get their account number so that you can both get some additional savings out of the deal.
Nobody owes you anything.
tobydawg
Veteran

Postby tobydawg » Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 am

This thread made me think to call them yesterday evening because i'm moving in a couple weeks and need to get all that lined up. Anyway, for being a good customer or something and retaining their service through the move they are upgrading my bedroom receiver (standard no DVR) to a DVR for free. All I have to do on my part is carry my boxes with me to the new residence and the guy will show up and do the installation and swap the boxes. I thought that was a nice touch.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am

DirectTV here, they have most all the channels I like. Except we have to pay an extra $2 a month for the outdoor channel, and just that one channel. Otherwise you have to get some sports package to get the others, and I could care less about a sports package.
Thats really my only complaint.
We had the the Tivo until it got hit by lightening. When we replaced it we got the HD package and DVR. When they bring back Tivo for DirecTV, I'll get it.
DVR is good, Tivo is better.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”