Advice needed

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Advice needed

Postby GreenheadJim » Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 pm

As many of you know through yall's prayers, we lost our son last Saturday. We were not informed by any law enforcement that there had been an accident. We found out by word of mouth. How can they not notify the parents of a minor. When they ran the tag, that should have been enough. They didn't even call and tell me where the truck was. We have not received a single phone call from them all week. I called them and all they would say is that it was an accident. They didn't have the courteosy to try and get in touch with us on anything. It's like they are hiding something. I'm really getting pissed off. Can anyone give me some advice as to where to start? I'm thinking about calling the Attorney Generals office.

There's more to this story and I want some answers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Re: Advice needed

Postby LawDawg » Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 pm

If you are thinking lawsuit (and I certainly would be), you are going to have to get around the Mississippi Torts Claim Act, but if you can do so, you should have a good case for some sort of emotional distress claim. I cannot imagine having to go through what you are going through and to find out by word of mouth is beyond horrible.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Fri May 04, 2012 12:21 pm

RobertM
Veteran

Postby RobertM » Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 pm

I would think that the Attorney Generals office is the place to start. They could possibly lead you in the right direction, another thought would be channel 3 because I'm in Jackson. Channel 3 does Wlbt on your side type of investigation type of thing.
If the situation weren't already bad enough, someone not handling it correctly makes it worse. Your raising a fuss may keep another family from going through the same thing in the future and that makes it worth fighting.
ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Where was the accident?
shoot'm in the lips
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I know I would want some answers that is ridiculous.
ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

I know for a fact it has to be investigated. They could be waiting on the accident to be reconstructed. Let me know the county or city and I will let you know who to contact.
shoot'm in the lips

Return to “General Discussion Forum”