Ask DS: Pink Eye

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
aweyerman
Duck South Addict

Ask DS: Pink Eye

Postby aweyerman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 pm

How can I get rid of this junk?! I can't really afford a Dr's visit since I don't have insurance through my job yet. I've got some "Pink Eye Relief" drops and an eye wash kit, anything else I can do to speed this recovery along?
TEAM TOPWATER-ALABAMA
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS: Pink Eye

Postby bulldog ducker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 am

Pink eye is a broad brush....

Is it bacterial, viral or allergic? Either way u are doing about everything otc that you can do. If u were closer u could just drop by and I would fix you up. The pick eye drops u got probably are not going to do a thing but the eye wash was a step in the right direction. If it has lingered for a while probably best if you go in and see someone.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

You know how u get that right??? :?
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
Ster
Veteran

Postby Ster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 am

You need to go see a physician. It really isn't necessary to see an Opthalmic MD. Go find a general practitioner (Family Med) and get a prescription for antibiotic drops.

Pay the man his money and go get that taken care of. A wise old man once told me, "you can pay to put gas in your car or you can walk". Same thing applies here. Go get the problem addressed by a person that provides those services or just suffer through it. Another thing, stay away from the ER or Hospital. Call a family practitioner, tell them upfront you don't have insurance and will be paying for this out of pocket up front and I promise you that they will work out a cost that you can afford.

Small clinics in medicine and dentistry work like any other small business. Be honest and humble and they will help you.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 am

If you go please find an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. Dont go to the family doc. They dont have the equiptment to look at your eyes and are shooting in the dark with the diagnosis.

Ster is right about payment. If you go in there and tell the office that you dont have insurance most times they will work with you.
Last edited by bulldog ducker on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 am

And quit letting your roomates fart on your pillow!
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

Could be anything from allergies to chlamydia, believe it or not. I would suggest you call the clinic prior to showing up and explain your situation. Also, ask if they have any samples. That way you can avoid a pharmacy bill. A lot of clinic have a bunch of samples just for this reason. Another thing to consider is contacting your local Lions Club. They have sight and vision as their community platform. I was sight chair for our local Lions Club for a few years and saw a bunch of this sort of thing. You will be asked to fill out a form that better helps them to allocate their resources and you will be sent to the doc they use. This doc usually has an agreement with the local Lions Club and gives these services at a very reduced rate with the club paying them. Just a thought.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am

Fecal matter in the ocular cavity gets you every time. Hope it clears up soon.
aweyerman
Duck South Addict

Postby aweyerman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Went to the doctor and 2 shots, 4 prescriptions, and close to $400 bucks later I'm on the way to recovery. I work for Aaron's (the lease place) and I'm all the time in a buncha nasty ninja nests repossessing merchandise so I probably touched some of their filth then rubbed the sweat from my eyes and bam. I couldn't handle it anymore so I had to go get it taken care of.
TEAM TOPWATER-ALABAMA
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:36 pm

"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:22 am

aweyerman
Duck South Addict

Postby aweyerman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:55 pm

2 prescriptions were for allergies. Flonase and hydrocodan. But still a lot more than it should have been.
TEAM TOPWATER-ALABAMA
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Hydrocodan?
Probably hydrocodone. That's lortab. Not gonna do anything at all for your allergies. However...it will make you not give a $#!+ about your eye. Especially when combined with about three cold beers.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Was it Hycodan? That's hydrocodone and an antitussive. If you are having bad allergy syptoms the antitussive will help dry it up while the hydrocodone will make you not give a chit as was mentioned.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”