My Dog

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

My Dog

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 pm

I was out throwing the bumper for my dog this evening. I noticed a woman with a st bernard in the neighbors across the streets yard.

The next thing I here is the woman hollering and the dog was running into my yard and up to my dog. I told my dog to sit and the st came up to him and started sniffing and was friendly. I was talking to the lady and the next thing I know the dog was growling and had my dog by the neck trying to get a hold of him. My dog is freakin I can't grt my dog by the collar because it's in the st's mouth.

We were in front of my garage so I told the lady she had better get control of her dog are I was going to put it down. I made it to my Tahoe and grabbed my glock and started back fortunately she had manged to get her dog and I got mine in my garage.

I would have hated to have shot her dog in my driveway but I was afraid that this dog that ways more than I do was going to break his neck.

what would y'all have done?
It's Not all Mai Tais and Yahtzee Out Here
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: My Dog

Postby Smoke68 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm

same thing.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Defending a animal rather then a human is a big difference by law. Be glad you didn't have to use the pistol or it would have been very bad for you. Reason is bc you went to your truck and got it.
You threaten a woman's dog to kill it? That pisses me off honestly. I understand it attacking yours and such completely. But your not man enough to seperate them or use your mind rather then kill it? Come on and grow some!
Now if the dog would have came up and attacked you yea you are threatened and stuff. Use any means possible the way I understand it.
Oh yea even though it was your property an the dog came to you, you'd still get in trouble for your dog not on the leash. That's how the city sees them being controlled is on a leash even if they are on your property. Trust me I've had the cops pull up and warn me bc I've had my boxer in the front yard and garage. He doesn't bother a thing but the 2 cops still gave me a warning and asked for him to be put on a leash or somewhere where he is confined( like back yard or inside) pissed me off.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:56 pm

You either pull him off or beat him till he lets go. But hey you wanna go pull a guy you better hope the other person doesn't have one and licensed. Or you shot their dog and they shot you and you go to hospital then to jail an nothing happens to them. That's why I say you were very lucky.
I agree with Chevy you kick punch pull do whatever you can. But expect to defend yourself also if needed, but a gun even then isn't going to help.
I hate it for you honestly and your dog period.
No matter how big the dog is, you hit them in the head or throat hard enough they are going to be running or out cold.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:08 pm

I was also concerned about the dog attacking me if I attempted to pull him off my dog.

Second when did I loose the right to defend myself or my propery on my own property.

Third how would someone be within their right to pull a gun on me on my own property.

E
free78
Veteran

Postby free78 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Not sure about your county but mine says as long as my dog will listen to voice commands I don't have to have a leash. Especially being in my own yard. I know somebody would be paying a vet bill.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 am

Shoot, kick, punch, stab, gasoline and matches, paint cans, you name it. If he's on my dog screw city ordinances; I'm layin his head open with something. And there ain't no way I'm into breaking up major dog fights. Go ask my step dad what happens when you go trying to break up dog fights, especially a saint bernard? Hell no.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
blackhawk0718
Duck South Addict

Postby blackhawk0718 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 am

i would have tried my best to cave that dogs head in. and then she would be paying for vet bills cause mine would get checked out after that. and if fist would not have made the dog let go. he is gettin one well placed shot in the head. and i have a feelin a judge will side with you. your yard and these days dogs are family members. MY TWO CENTS
Look out for dem danm COOTS
there every were
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:30 am

Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:38 am

Nobody owes you anything.
boovan
Veteran