Who's a NRA Member?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Who's a NRA Member?

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm

If you're not, you need to be. I know, I know. But seriously: the Liberal Administration has got the 2nd Amendment by the balls. Relected, and life as we know it changes. Semi-auto anythings are already up for grabs

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/

(ha, and we can't keep fish we catch from the Gulf?!).

Watch Limbaugh Slutgate, more smoke and mirrors (while they take away more of your constitutional rights).

Will be at NRA National convention within the month. You should see who is involved, what they think think the stakes are.

The time for your apathy has passed. We've given alot of this country away to Entitlement programs, to TSA and the like. Your guns and ammo are next. Major shortages of ammo predicted during the election year, including sporting ammo. Better have plenty on hand, or be willing to pay through the nose.

Sounds tin-foil wearing, Chicken Little crazy doesn't it? Sure it does. Until you read the above Forbes link. It's all fun and games until your grandad's hand-me-down 1100 has to be registered! This ain't Canada or England for Christsakes!

Keep watching The Voice. Or the talking heads beating up on Rush. OR get involved. Life - freedom as we know it - is at stakes when (not if) the give-away sumbitch gets re-elected.
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Re: Who's a NRA Member?

Postby Don Miller » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:08 am

I'm all for the NRA but got sick and tired of getting phone calls (A LOT) from them about political matters. Because of that I'm no longer a member. Just got tired of the political alarmist propaganda.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:55 am

I pulled my lifetime membership about four years ago.

They have some large areas that are broken. My FIL ran for State representative in IL, filled out a questionnaire from the NRA stating he was very pro gun. His opponent was darn near anti gun. The NRA strongly supported his opponent. So long as that's their idea of pro gun they won't get my money. I have met with numerous representatives from the NRA about it and none of them will admit making a mistake with that issue and all get nervous when talking about it.
skuna
Duck South Addict

Postby skuna » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:17 am

I'm a member, although I think there are some problems with the organization, it is necessary to support this cause this day and age. As more and more of the US population lives in urban areas, the 2ND amendment will only become more and more fragile. Look at how many gun laws have been put in place in the last 50 or so years and then think about what it could look like in the next 50 years. Scary.
UH HRCH Jack's Aces and Eights (ACE)
HR Roux's Jewel O'Da Bayou (ROUXBY)(2004-2006)
Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 am

am one and proud of it! problems yes, make mistakes yes, but overall good for us and what we hold dear
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:08 am

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:22 am

I am a Life Member and now a NRA Instructor. There is simple no better organization to fight for your 2nd amendment rights, it may not be perfect, but it's a whole lot better that they are there and strong for sure.

By the way, if any of you want to sign up or need to renew you can do that on my website at http://www.safefireshooting.com and save $10 bucks off a yearly membership.
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 am

I order from midway/brownells frequently. (I'm sure other sites do too?) They have a feature upon checkout where you can round up your purchase price or even donate to NRA in whole dollar amounts. I do this often and am not bombarded with the NRA marketing spam.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:10 am

READ THIS: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/

I let my membership go same as everyone else for "alarmist" propoganda and mail box full of junk mail. But now that the current administration is pushing this agenda, I'm re-upping the ante and back in the game. The way the language is worded, semi-auto affects damnd near every duck gun I own. They can send all the junk mail they want - it'll get lost in the ocean of junkmail that washes through my mail box anyway.

I thought it could never happen here the same as it's done in Canada, Europe and nearly everywhere else. When (not if) this administration gets back in office for a second term, American Life as we know it could change forever.
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
hooked on quackers
Regular

Postby hooked on quackers » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Been an endowment member for several years. Never get phone calls but do get junk mail.
HRCH Rips Fullhouse Jacks Over Aces MH -Ace
_HR_Color Me Gone -Speed
Kicking the Habit PeeWee

Jack Gravely

Return to “General Discussion Forum”