Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Moose24

Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

Postby Moose24 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Just want to give my recent bad experience with Crazyduck Outfitters owned by Kris Travis.

I paid a $450 deposit for a guided snow goose hunt on 2/20/2012 and 2/21/2012. The night before the hunt, after my group had made a 6 hour drive to the hunt area, the guide(Kris Travis) called to tell me there were no birds and that if he found some he would call but he would not charge me if there were no birds. I called him back to say we were canceling our 2 day hunt due to the fact of no birds and we didn't feel like wasting time sitting in the hotel room waiting on him to call. He said that was fine and he said I would receive my $450 deposit back. He said to give him until the end of the week. I agreed. As of 2 weeks later, he has not refunded my money even after repeated PM's, emails and a phone conversation on 3/1/2012 in which he agreed to return the money within 48 hours. He is now refusing to return the money.

To say the least, this is just flat out dishonest.

Before anyone says it's my fault for canceling, don't even go there. He verbally agreed on multiple occasions to return my money after he knew I was canceling. He broke his word, plain and simple.

Be sure you know who you are dealing with before you book a trip.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about my story.
rawalley
Duck South Addict

Re: Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

Postby rawalley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Get em. I hope he loses alot of business over this.
Richard Walley
(601)317-0657
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

This is a really fine line and can go either way. No he shouldnt have called the day of arrival and said that. He must not have been scouting any and made a last second decision. Then again guides do not control the bird movement. Its more of a hit or miss when you book something like this, can go good or bad. ive been there on both ends of this one. Then you have to look at their cancelation policy. What does it say? Is your deposit non refundable and stuff.

Then you can go this way. You booked and drove all the way there and got to hotel room only to find out you have been cancelled on by the guide. You have proof you were there where you were suppose to be only to have him cancel on you. If you have the receipts you have a good chance in small claims if needed to get your money back plus hotel costs and possibly fuel for a canceled trip. The judge will decide that one and depends on the mood he is in. But then it goes back to the policy stated if the guide service has one you signed or veiwed online, both can be used against you.

Or you can just pass around the name on all sites until you get your money back, its free!! That will hurt them more then anything honestly.
Good luck either way and hope it works out for you all.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
Moose24

Postby Moose24 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 pm

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Moose24

Postby Moose24 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:51 pm

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:03 pm

...so, his reasoning is that you "threatened" him after he agreed to refund it in 2 days (face to face or via mail?)...if face to face, then sounds like he most likely didn't have it to give back, was looking for an excuse not to and you gave him the excuse, however shallow the "excuse" was...and i'm sure your "steps" to get it back were through the legal system, not saying you threatened him physically.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Moose24

Postby Moose24 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm

He told me via phone twice. I have never seen him face-to-face. NO physical threat was made. I never cussed, yelled, called names etc.
rawalley
Duck South Addict

Postby rawalley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

ah the truth comes out. he offered to return your money and then you told him you better "or else"? Not a good move dude. Youll never see that money.
Richard Walley
(601)317-0657
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

I believe I would have been a bit apprehensive about booking a hunt with a person whose business is named "Crazyduck Outfitters" to begin with. :lol: Where is this super guide from? Just Curious.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Not to hijack, but I found this thread quite humorous.
And our own GulfCoast seems to be a turncoat :shock:

http://www.alducks.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27344
Moose24

Postby Moose24 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”