MS Outdoors TV Pursuit channel

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: MS Outdoors TV Pursuit channel

Postby SB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:26 pm

deltadukman - I haven't "called you out". I wouldn't have offered to continue the discussion over a Coke if I was calling you out. I've just replied to your posts trying to respond from an employee's viewpoint who works for the MDWFP. It is a no win situation. The MDWFP gets criticized for not commenting on the forum and when they do, they get criticized.

I don't correspond with the Commissioners via email, so I don't have their email address. They are private citizens, so they probably don't have an MDWFP email address. I really don't know if they do or don't??? Anytime I may speak with them is at a Commission meeting.
Scott Baker
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Last edited by deltadukman on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 pm

When a large portion of our local wma was drained for "mitigation" purposes I went throug the hell you are suggesting SB, and quite honestly- it ain't easy as 123.

And myself and one other member on this board were told point blank by a round table full of "hot shots" that we shouldn't believe everything we read on forums.

And while we are at it, you are dead wrong they don't read these forums. I'm gonna go on ahead and say Ed Penny sent me an email one day disagreeing with a comment I had made one day about him- which I admitted one portion was said in haste and I edited some, but not all of it. To be fair to him and to myself.

Totally awesome.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
chs36
Veteran

Postby chs36 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Well said SB.
Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

SB didnt say everyone doesnt read them, because this place is an avenue to gauge the public's perception on different matters. But the weight of an internet message board doesnt nearly hold the same validity as someone writing a letter or showing up to a public meeting to voice their opinion. The opportunities to be heard are there but just are not utilized by the public. One of the public WMA meetings in the Delta a few weeks ago drew 6 attendees. The same person that says "what" needs to be done or has an idea of how the Dept should do things is the same person that rationalizes to him or herself when the time comes for their voice to be heard says, "Well there not going to listen to me anyway so Im not going to waste my time."

The MDWFP does try to listen to the public on matters but if they dont hear your voice then how are we supposed to listen. If you type an email or letter or make a phone call, I can promise that it will be read and listened to, not discarded as just another "loudmouth."

As with everything in this world you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try.
Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 am

On another note, No one has mentioned the fact that our Dept has stepped up and tried to publicize the great opportunities that lie within this state. How many other State Wildlife and Fisheries agencies have an outdoor program publicly televised on a national network. I cant recall many. I think its a good thing for our state to be shown in a positive light, and no we're not trying to "pimp" out the WMA's to out of state residents.

Have u ever thought that the Dept may be trying to advertise to the residents within our own state. There are many within this state that have no idea the public opportunities that we have in the state. And Im sorry, but just because you've hunted said WMA for 25 yrs, doesnt mean that it belongs to you and no one else can hunt it, it's public. Every year it seems license sales slowly decrease and maybe just maybe the Dept is trying to be proactive in dealing with such. Because less license sales ultimately equates to substantially less money in the pot, which means no money to plant food plots or pump water on your local WMA. And Lord help us if we dont do those things, because money just grows on trees. Theres so much more to it than meets the eye. Just somethin to chew on
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:26 am

For those saying that we need to let our voice be heard by placing a phone call or writing a letter, I will ask this question again. I humbly and respectfully ask those on here associated with the MDWFP to explain to us how we can contact our district commissioners? Where is their contact information?
Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:31 am

I can not answer that question because I do not know. Maybe someone else can chime in, but like SB said, the commisioners are private citizens appointed by the governor, they are not state empoloyees.

http://www.mdwfp.com/administration/commission.aspx
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 am

bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 am

DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 am

You still got called out..........
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am

The people you need to talk to lie within the doors of the MDWFP office located in Jackson. They draft all the rules, regulations, and whatever else is necessary in order for the Agency to function. The commission has the final say, but genuinely trust the ones within the Dept who are tasked with originating these things and for the most part goes along with them. Sooo, if you want your voice to be heard, write a letter, make a phone call, attend a public meeting, I realize that people work and may not be able to attend public meetings due to conflicts, hence the letter or phone call.

If some of these WMAs werent on a draw these are some of the complaints that would be heard, the MDWFP sure needs to gt some people to work these WMAs because theres too many people, too much early shooting, too much hunting pressure, ducks dont have a place to rest, this jacka$$ set up too close to me today, too much skybusting, someone's gonna get hurt, etc, etc, etc.

Delta, none of my comments were directed at you, they were speaking in general. Take SB up on his Coke and discussion offer, let your voice be heard.
Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 am

bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 am

Here are some examples of how another state provides more information to the citizens.

http://outdooralabama.com/hunting/contacts/

http://www.outdooralabama.com/about/board/

http://www.outdooralabama.com/contact/
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”