Spotlight retrieving

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Mike Perry
Veteran

Spotlight retrieving

Postby Mike Perry » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:57 pm

This is a photo of our pit in Illinois. We shot over 500 ducks and well on the way to 200 geese this year.

2 afternoons ago right at the end of LST a group came in and we got 5 at the last minute. Dog picked up 4 but it was dark by then and no one remembered where the other was and dog could not find it.
Packed everything up and headed out along the far tree line in the background. One of the guys was shining a Q Beam and saw the goose standing out in the middle of the field in the millet.
Got the dog out, lined him in the beam and sent him. When he got about 50 yards from the bird which was a good 150 out in the field, the bird tried to make a get away. No luck. It looked like one of the car chases you see in L.A. where the driver bales and the helicopter keeps the light on him till the cops get there.
I am going to figure out how to set this up in a HT I judge this spring. Realism to the last degree.
MP
flyntwt
Veteran

Re: Spotlight retrieving

Postby flyntwt » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:41 pm

2 things, Mike:

1) remind me not to run under you this spring.
2) feel free to kidnap me from December to January.
Copiah Creek
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Spotlight retrieving

Postby Copiah Creek » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:17 am

I have run your daylight test , i will be sure to avoid the rest as i want to keep it real i aint hunting after DARK ! :roll:
HRCH UH Hope Spring's Dowry MH*** aka Fatty
HRCH UH Hill Top's Stealing Cinderella MH aka Punkin
HRCH Gator Point's Swamp Water MH aka Rain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”