Need some help with offshore fishing!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Bull Duck
Regular

Need some help with offshore fishing!

Postby Bull Duck » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 am

I am trying to get a bachelor party set up to go on a fishing trip. I dont know much about offshore fishing. i have only been once and that was a while back. We are looking to go off the MS or AL coast probably, so if anyone has any suggestions or any good info about captains please let me know! Also there is going to be 8-10 guys, i know most boats only take 6. I have done a little research just from google, but i wanted to check with the brain trust here also.
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Re: Need some help with offshore fishing!

Postby Blake Williamson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100405

I think we going to use Sea Spray in Orange beach.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby H20fowlkiller » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 am

This question has been asked multiple times and this series of questions is always asked so Ill be the first. What is your budget? Bottom Fishing (shallow snapper cobia maybe grouper) or Bluewater (tuna, wahoo, dolphin)? Ill also add this for larger parties to give everyone ample opportunities overnight trips maybe your best bet mainly for bluewater fishing, but this will also drive the price up. Things to think about.
Bull Duck
Regular

Postby Bull Duck » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

I don't think we will have a preference for the type of fish, as long as we catch some and have fun. We are looking at going probably the beginning of May, so i don't know what type of fishing is good for that time of year.
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:26 am

You could always go out of a head boat and save serious money. The fish isn't as good as a private charter but you typically catch greater quantities of fish. Also, a head boat will accommodate a large group. Getting 8-10 dudes on a charter boat can be tight, most are set up for six.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 am

the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Sea Spray overnight trip! This boat is big enough to rule out most weather conditions. Expensive but worth it. Snapper, tuna, marlin, they catch em all. Best part, when you step off the boat you 10 minutes from Flora Bama! Show up late one afternoon and spend the night on the boat.
southernfire97
Veteran

Postby southernfire97 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

We have done this trip several times, even though we all live on the coast and fish out there regularly. Its just a hell of a good time and nice to not have to do all the work.

http://www.duesouthcharters.com/
CUT EM BOYS!!!
redneckduck
Veteran

Postby redneckduck » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Venice la
cuttemalljack
Regular

Postby cuttemalljack » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 am

Captain Mikey's charters out of dauphin island. Both mike and skipper have plenty of room for 8 people and will put you on the fish!
meddawg
Regular

Postby meddawg » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

I would recommend the LA coast. Went to Port Fourchon, LA about five years ago on a bachelor party. We left port at 11pm Friday night, got to the lump at sunrise, caught about 700lbs of tuna and made it back to go out in NOLA Saturday night. Hell of a fun trip. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 am

Joka's Wild out of Biloxi, MS. Go snag some specs and reds....Not too expensive considering its an all weekend deal and everything is included except alcohol I think...check out their website.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”