Health insurance question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
timberjack
Duck South Addict

Health insurance question

Postby timberjack » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 am

My new health insurance doesnt take effect until Feb 1. I need to go see my doc this week for my regular checkup. If I go and he has to do some expensive tests or something will it affect my new insurance? I know I couldnt file it but Im wondering if something would show up as pre-existing if it turns out I had high bp or some other issue. My insurance has been approved but I havent recieved the first bill yet either. Wondering if I should go or wait??
Ster
Veteran

Re: Health insurance question

Postby Ster » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:36 am

If you have already applied and been approved I wouldn't be concerned about any pre-existing condition clause. Another thing, as a medical practitioner myself if you express to the Doc that you currently don't have coverage, will have it in a few weeks, and will be paying for any treatment today out of pocket, I am sure he will work with you on cost and get everything done you need to have done at a very manageable out of pocket expense for you.
bigbeeducker
Veteran

Postby bigbeeducker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 am

Why can you not reschedule in two weeks. Seems that would solve your problems.
Not being a smart###.
"We did every possible sexual position without intercourse imaginable. Doggie style was kinda difficult though. Just wasnt worth the trip to the store for rubbers, just for three minutes." Jim Brister, the craziest sumbitch alive.
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 am

"Regular Checkup"---what is the advantage to NOT wait a few weeks if you are having no acute problems or changes...plus new plan (Might) cover "wellness" "check up"...still need the chkup..just wait a few weeks...again assuming no new problems or intense chronic problems ur Doc is managing
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Wait at all cost and put it on your new insurance after your first paycheck has cleared and the insurance has deducted it's fair share. I went through this exact same scenario while switching jobs two years ago and it was a cluster. You will have alot less headache just waiting. My problem was my son was sick and we had to go.
Peewee
timberjack
Duck South Addict

Postby timberjack » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. No chronic problems or issues and yes I can wait but it takes a while to get an appt with my doc and I was just curious if it would be a big mess to go ahead and go now before I actually have my new card and ins information. Think I'll see if I can reschedule for february. Thanks for the responses.
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm

If you had a financial advisor like myself I could answer all your questions for you if you had bought the plan from a company I represent.... Best advice I can give you is to contact your agent to find out effective date and the process on wellness check-ups!
flyntwt
Veteran

Postby flyntwt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 pm

trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 am

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 am

Life, Health, Disability, Long Term Care, Retirement, Annuities, Supplemental, Final Expense... Insurance advisor![/quote]Who are you with?[/quote]

Insphere Insurance Solutions
flyntwt
Veteran

Postby flyntwt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”