Big Green Egg

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: Big Green Egg

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:25 pm

msdeltadawg
Veteran

Postby msdeltadawg » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 am

Have had a Bayou Classic for a year and a half, cook on it at least 5 nights a week. I walked into the BC outlet store 2 weeks ago to get some charcoal (they have their own brand now, #20 bag for $12) in converstaion mentioned my fire bowl was cracked in 3 pieces. No questions asked, guy walks in the back and brings me a new one with a new coal grate. For my money, the BC is certainly more attractive, cooks just as efficiently, more economical, and the customer service has been outstanding. I have had the argument with BGE guys before that claim "they know somebody that had a BC that temps were hard to control", "hard to get them up to high temps", etc. I cooked a skirt steak last night at 700 degrees, Sat. I am going to cook 4 boston butts at 230 degrees for 12 hours on one load of coals, and then probably re-use the left over coals to cook a steak at 600 degrees Sunday. For what you get for the money, I am a BC guy.
bhuggins
Veteran

Postby bhuggins » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 am

I've got an Egg so I can't speak to the Bayou Classic. But I have to say, if you enjoy grilling make the investment in a ceramic grill. You can do more things and do them well on a ceramic grill than I ever thought possible. It's right up there with the digital camera as far as making an amateur look good at something.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 am

Well, after some research due to location, shipping a BC is going to be more than a BGE locally, so I have the wood to build my own cart, which was donated, looks like a BGE. I have some yellow fin tuna steaks just waiting for a grill...........
msdeltadawg
Veteran

Postby msdeltadawg » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 am

Tuna steaks are one of my favorite thing to cook on mine, jack that sucker up to about 600, little olive oil and old bay, 1 and a half minutes per side, awesome.
southernfire97
Veteran

Postby southernfire97 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:27 pm

$uck a green egg... get a Bayou classic!!!! Looks alot better and alot cheeper!!! They are the bomb!!![/quote]

+1[/quote]

+100 the bayou classic is the bomb!!!
CUT EM BOYS!!!
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Used the BGE a time or two now. Yellow fin tuna steaks with some olive oil an Tony C's, very good. Deer tenderloin next!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”