Goose Silhouette Decoys

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Marty

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby Marty » Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:11 pm

I am looking to buy some Goose Silhouette Decoys. I have never used them and people tell me they have good luck using them in there spread.
What company does everyone recommend and why!

Thanks,

Tim
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby Jeff » Mon Jul 23, 2001 2:43 pm

Well if youre gonna buy some, I guess I would buy Outlaw as they seem to look the best. However that isn't the way I would go, in goosin' you're lookin' for sure numbers (if you're after snows and blues), to get 500 sillyettes from outlaw of most other people you're lookin' at bout 5 grand. That's a bit steep for me. You can make them pretty easily out of corregated plastic. I got some white in Memphis last year for $8 a sheet. A 4'X8' sheet made like eight dekes I think if you pattered them right. Once you get everything drawn, just lay about four sheets at a time down and take a jigsaw to them and go to town. Viola you got dekes. Then get some weldin' wire or proper diameter wire that barley fits the plastic then heat the crap out of the wire, stuff it in the bottom holes of the deke and ya got a sillyette. You can get different colors for different geese and they also paint pretty easily much cheaper than comercial dekes. Do they look as good? NOPE, do they work YUP. Now if you are after specks or Canadas, I reccomend getting full bodies or shells as you don't need that many dekes to hunt them. Just my two cents.
Marty

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby Marty » Mon Jul 23, 2001 3:18 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Marty
baldduck
Veteran

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby baldduck » Mon Jul 23, 2001 3:42 pm

Marty, How many guys up that way use robos'? Do you sell a bunch on the net? just wondering. baldduck
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby goosebruce » Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:26 pm

Outlaw's are the poop. Period. travis
Marty

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby Marty » Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:04 am

Baldduck,

Not alot of people use them yet. But they work very well up here because the birds have not yet been hunted much!

Marty
baldduck
Veteran

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby baldduck » Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:51 am

Marty or Tim, I saw your web site. How's business?

About your silhouette's I havn't ever used them but I'd go with what goosebruce says. don't ever get the chance to hunt big fields for geese. What I do hunt is small enough to get by with some big foots that we use for islands and pieces dry land. Good luck to you and your business, looks like you have had some good times. baldduck
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Goose Silhouette Decoys

Postby goosebruce » Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:19 pm

Whut website are ya'll talking about? Is there something out there i aint seen? travis

Return to “General Discussion Forum”