lab breedings and prices???

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

lab breedings and prices???

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 am

is it just me or is availability down a lot??? I haven't had a litter in 5 years and finally going to have my 5 yr old bred next week. In my previous litters etc the demand was high but supply was endless it seemed. Since I began planning this breeding I started looking at prices and availablity etcetc and the prices are higher and a LOT less advertised for sale. I was getting 650 for my my HRCH X HR white pups 5 years ago but now even the no hunt test white pups are throught he roof if and when i see any. What gives???
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
bustercat64
Veteran

Re: lab breedings and prices???

Postby bustercat64 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 am

I had a litter about a year ago and lost my tail on it. I only had 4 out of 11 pups to live and emergency c -section and was only able to sell 2 of the 4 for $400 each might have sold one for $450. I could not give the others away and the breeding was a Grand, QAA, MH X HR. I want be having any pups anytime soon. Mine was all black and several people were wanting yellow or chocolate but not black so you might be ok. I was breeding because I wanted a yellow female from my dog didn’t happen. So I am stuck with 2 puppies that I have to train to get my money back. Good luck
BrettG
Veteran

Postby BrettG » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm

I think actual availability of nice breedings is up and prices are down. You don't have to look too far for a great pup at a decent price. I just looked at a litter out of Cosmo for 2200 a pup. 4 years ago this litter wouldn't even be advertised and would be all sold prior to whelping for at least 3000 each.
Sundown49
Veteran

Postby Sundown49 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am

not many people are spending money on pups now...........Times are TOUGH. :(
Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA)
Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)
http://www.sundownlabs.com
Copiah Creek
Duck South Sponsor

Postby Copiah Creek » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I dont know about WHITE labs , i just had a litter of chessies and they were sold before they were born . Got a friend who did the same with their lab litter . Think it depends on the breeding ..........jmo
HRCH UH Hope Spring's Dowry MH*** aka Fatty
HRCH UH Hill Top's Stealing Cinderella MH aka Punkin
HRCH Gator Point's Swamp Water MH aka Rain
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

I will agree with the above, I called about a AFC x MH litter last week, called Monday there was one deposit, called back Tuesday to ask where to send deposit and there were 7 deposits
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I had to put my old dog down this summer and have been actively looking since early Jan. I purchased Tex for $350 in 1997 which back then was about average. His sire and dame were not trial or test dogs but proven hunting stock with great hunting lineage. I bought a british lab out of oxford in 2007 for $1000 but that dog turned out to be about worthless (mostly my fault). I'm looking now at either a pup or a started dog and just cant make my mind up which way to go. I'm a bit shocked at the price of pups out there as well as litters available. I get the price on HRCH and AFC etc dogs but just prices for a meat dog from good hunting stock is through the roof as well. Seems like started dog prices have stayed close to the same for several years which is very enticing to me. By the time I drop a grand give or take on a pup, pay his puppy vet bills and get him raised up then send him to training for 4 - 6 months I think I may come out better on a started dog. Big Decision.
Relentless
Veteran

Postby Relentless » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 am

Meat Dog x Meat Dog $200 - $350
HRCH x Meat Dog $200 - $500
HRCH x HRCH or MH x MH $500 - $750
FC AFC x MH or HRCH $700 - $1200
FC AFC x Derby Points $1200 - $2,000
FC AFC x FC AFC $1,200 - 4,000

The above is just my observation. I would say prices are about the same maybe slightly higher than 3 -4 years ago. The amount of hunting/hunt test breeding's do seem to be down.

I have been looking for a Shaq puppy and the last few litters I've found have been $4,000...for a PUPPY!
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”