F&F Boats

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: F&F Boats

Postby teul2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

I think a year is a touch more than late.

manleyman, any update on your boat?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 am

harper01
Veteran

Postby harper01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 pm

I'll sell you my F&F that as a Burt Fleming blind on it too. If you can't get them to build you one. Has a 115 Mercury optimax with SS prop. Size of boat 1866 - camo V hull. Built in 2008. $16,000 cash.

24 volt 85lb wireless motor guild trolling moter that can attach on and off in less than a minute, plus hummingbird 585C dept & GPS. Live well, gun storage box, 18 gallon gas tank built in front of boat. Spot lights on front. Plus trailer.

In 2008 I put $22,000 in it. LOADED - First class Hunting Boat.
" The South Will Rise Again "
manleyman

Postby manleyman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Well, I got my boat yesterday. After 15 months of waiting it was sure nice to get it before another duck season was missed. So now Doug asked if I would inform the Arkansas State Attorney General's Office that I have received my boat.

And LODI since he'l answer all your calls, ring him up and find out. I'm not out to ruin someone's business, gave them the benefit of doubt on the delay because of health issues. But when they are turning out boats right and left and my friend that order his boat the week before I did got his in March. He told me that he was starting on mine then.

It took calling the ASAG to get it done!

P.S. Know another guy who order his in Jan. and is still waiting.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 am

Glad to hear that. Hope like the boat now!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 am

Glad you got your boat, finally.

Just curious - was there any feature on your order that was unusual (that is not a 'standard-type' feature)? I know they are 'custom' boat builders but my experience has been that if there is something different about your particular boat's configuration (something they don't already have a 'pattern' for), then it holds-up production on other orders that have a more 'standard' configuration.

Still......when somebody tells you something......like "4-6 weeks"......and it ends-up being more than a year, that's unacceptable........but it also makes me suspect there was some other 'factor' that possibly contributed to an unusually slow turn-around from what otherwise has been known as a reputable business.

People have gone 'boat crazy' these days......seems like the demand is always greater than supply (in the custom boat market). I know we had a different feature on our Gator Trax - Kent told us what we could expect (time-wise) and did everything within his power to maintain the time-frame. We held him up on finalizing some of the layout details and wanted a feature they had to 'fit', but it was all understood from the get-go......and we worked through various hick-ups, together. If you were to order a hull with 'non-standard' features now, you should expect at least a 15% increase in the price over one with 'standard' features.......and the builder is justified from a 'lost-revenue' on what ends-up being a production line hold-up.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 am

arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”