Cajun Fryer

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JMallard
Veteran

Cajun Fryer

Postby JMallard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Thinking one of the two basket fryers for the camp. Thoughts? How long does the oil last?

http://www.cajunfryer.com/CajunFryer.html
Did I kill that duck?...well yeah.
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Re: Cajun Fryer

Postby crackhead » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:54 pm

we load ours up opening weekend of deer and use it till end of jan. And use it a minimum of four to five times a week.
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I have a 9 gallon Bayou Classic at the church that I use some. It is great other than to big. Really wish we would have got the 4 gallon instead.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:22 am

Absolutly love mine. Its the quickest and easiest way to fry. I would say 40+ cookings before you can change the oil. I know weve got one down at a friends shop that gets cooked on almost weekly for 30-40 people and I cant tell you the last time the oil was changed. Very solid product if you fry alot. There is the cajun fryer and the bayou classic. Same concept, mine is the bayou classic.
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:30 am

25-30 cookings per batch of oil...... just keep your grease clean, drain/filter if necessary and it'll last a while. Our most popular model is the 4 gallon; 8.5 does great for a crowd.... the 6 is big enough to fry a turkey in if that interests you. My personal/demo is a 4 gallon and we use it a ton, fry for 20-30 people regularly. Personal experience, the cajun fryer is a much heavier/well built piece of equipment than the bayou classic.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Postby DoubleBandMS » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 am

Do either of these fryers have a drain valve or do you have to dump out the oil?
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 pm

the Cajun Fryer's have a drain valve
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 am

The bayou classics do as well. Once you let it cool, the pieces and spent oil seperate to the bottom. Open the drain until you see clean oil and shut it off. Fill it up with clean oil.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

oil will last a long time because the flame is not direct on the pan cooking the oil. They have a little firetube that indirectly heats the oil.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”