Discount Hunting and Fishing, Flowood - BEWARE

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
blackhawk0718
Duck South Addict

Re: Discount Hunting and Fishing, Flowood - BEWARE

Postby blackhawk0718 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I hate that store and I hope it goes out of bussiness, Wes is a spoiled peepee.
Look out for dem danm COOTS
there every were
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 pm

not changing the subject nor defending them, just felt like saying.....

I take a lot from you guys (that may not be good ! ha) about our store, both the hardware, small engine, and sporting goods ends, and the publicity garnered from this site and others is unquestioned, so thanks guys !

I can also say as a business owner, again, not defending them, never even met them, some days it's hard to be nice and cozy to everyone that comes through the door, even though that's the name of the game. I know i've been caught off guard by a customer's comments, an employee failing to do something they are very knowledgeable about, the state ag inspector dropping by for bin tag check, payroll, etc. etc. etc. that I'm sure a customer has left with a less than wonderful impression of me (my fault for letting that interfere with the customer at hand), and just wanted to throw that out from a business owner's standpoint here as I've been reading more and more of these type threads lately (most seem to be warranted mind you). Anybody can be caught on a bad day, and one wrong thread can hurt their business in what is normally a well run ship. The flip side, if you're doing what you're supposed to do, 99% of the time, the support for the business comes out ten fold over the other side. Again, not defending or changing the subject, just wanted to say thanks for information I pick up from yall !
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 am

Good point, RYelp but if EVERY day is a bad day, a career change might be in order!
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
sibbyu

Postby sibbyu » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 am

I posted this same thread on Facebook and found out that a pretty good friend of my wife is this guys first cousin. She called me to tell me she was and didn't attempt to defend at all just wanted to be able to share my perspective of my experience with her family. I have had communications with one of his aunts that was respectful and not necessarily defended him. Both stated how he was thrown into this position at too early of an age because his dad died with cancer 10 years ago. Then I got a friend invite from Wes' mom who actually owns the store, I haven't accepted her yet, not too sure about that one.

But, the ones I have talked to are hopeful that they can use my storie along with the dozens of other stories I have heard since to help him change. So, I went in to get the boys bow yesterday, part of me was hoping that he might have been humbled through this and would use this opportunity to make good of a bad situation......But no, not this time, instead, when I walked in, he had his head looking at something on the counter. I walked over to the counter and after standing there for a couple seconds he finally lifted his head and gave me that "WTH are you doing here" look, but never said a word. I said I needed my sons bow and he reached behind him and grabbed it, I took it, said thanks and walked out. He missed an opportunity to get just as much good publicity as the bad I gave him. Oh Well, the bad will continue I guess.
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 am

Accept moms request, but, keep banging dat drum bra. Word of mouth can travel FAR and FAST. Direct moms attention to some of these responses. Hope your boy has a GREAT season :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
jkm428

Postby jkm428 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 pm

I have never had a good experience there either. Last time I went in there was several years ago, but I was going to by a Remington 870 3 1/2" pump. They had the same exact gun at Wal-Mart for $75-100 less. They tried to tell me it was not the same gun and that the guns at Wal-Mart have cheaper parts in them. I called BS and asked if he could come off the price any and the gentleman said NO! So I told him I guess I will go to Wal-Mart to get it. He got pissed. I hate giving business to Wal-Mart and would have even paid a little extra to deal with someone local but guy I dealt with was definately rude.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 pm

He was correct on the walmart guns. They have cheaper parts and/or put togther from leftover parts.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:34 pm

BIG TIMBER
Duck South Addict

Postby BIG TIMBER » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I wouldn't buy a brim hook from Wes! That guy sux, I have had nothing but bad experience in that place. They act like if your not their to buy 1,000 worth of stuff they don't have time for you. "@#$%#" them an feed em fish heads!
Heres to Long Legged Women, Banded Greenheads, and Long Spurs!!!
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Why do the serial numbers note it as a walmart model if its the same gun? Seems like there is a difference. Even if there isn't a difference in quality from one 870 to the next, "@#$%#" walmart for forcing Remington to make it less quality so they can sell it cheaper.
The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm

So youre telling me the beretta most sport goods stores sells at $11?? is of the same quality as the $6?? one that communist mart sells? Doubtful. Walmart gets alot of companies to make lesser quality products to cut costs and just for them. To do that, you have to sacrifice either quality parts and/or quality labor. I guarantee you walmarks isnt loosing $400+ and neither is a sporting goods store profiting that much.
digger
Duck South Addict

Postby digger » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Sound's like this guy want's his shop to fail and to be unemployed.Customer service is a must for a small or family owned store to make it.I don't expect much from a large chain store Wal Mart ect. but exspect some from a smaller place.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I wasn't going to reply, but I too have had the same experience in the store as Big Timber. Wanted to buy a couple of things but since I wasnt spending $1000, I never was given the time or day. Walked in and walked out without even being spoke to. The hunting industry is a multi billion dollar industry and he is sitting on a GOLD MINE with his location. Road frontage and in that area is prime real estate. I wonder how many people on a daily basis drive past his store to go to Van's, and The Outfitter. I would venture to say several during this time of the year.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
BIG TIMBER
Duck South Addict

Postby BIG TIMBER » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Heres to Long Legged Women, Banded Greenheads, and Long Spurs!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”