Couple of dove field questions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jumpem
Regular

Couple of dove field questions

Postby Jumpem » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Long story short, got a buddy who has a field planted with corn and sunflowers. Disked the corn and left one strip standing and disked sunflowers as well. What is the policy on disking standing corn for doves? Want to make sure this field is legal before I commit to hunting there opening day.
Take 'em
Veteran

Re: Couple of dove field questions

Postby Take 'em » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Crops can be manipulated for doves (bush hogged, turned under, or left standing) as far as I know. As long as you aren't sowing corn or sunflower seeds after its been manipulated. Basically can do whatever you want with the crops that grew, can't add anything. Ducks are a diff story. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
"When the season is over and you have $11.97 in your bank account you know you did 'er as hard as you could." -Kelley Powers
"Here comes 5 singles flying together!" -Dustin Anderson
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Jumpem
Regular

Postby Jumpem » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Very interesting. Like smoke said it made no sense to me either. I would have figured doves/fields prepared for doves would fall under the same rules as posted for other migratory birds.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”