Kidney stones

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duckbuster330
Veteran

Kidney stones

Postby duckbuster330 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

I spent 5 hours in the ER yesterday in the worst pain I have ever felt. Haven't passed it yet just wondering how long it takes to pass one. First time I have ever had one. Been drinking water and cranberry juice all day. Dr. Said it was small should pass easily. Any suggestions from those who have had them.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Mark Twain
rboudet
Veteran

Re: Kidney stones

Postby rboudet » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Shoot yourself. :D I know what you are going through, worst pain ever! Sometimes it will pass with no pain just a little discomfort. Keep drinking fluids and hope for the best. Have had them five different times. On the advice of a chemistry prof. in college to stop drinking Ice Tea I have only had them once in 15 years and that was after drinking two cans of ice tea while out dog training. No tea for me! But not all stones are created the same. Know your stones! And keep the pain meds handy
kris Schaumburg
Veteran

Postby kris Schaumburg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:45 pm

sit down when you pee, would be a bitch to hit your head on the urinal on the way to your knees.
7ducks
Veteran

Postby 7ducks » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Amazing how something that small can hurt so bad....
A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Take pain pills as soon as it starts to really hurt don't try to tough it out or you'll regret it. Mine took 5 days to pass. Just keep drinking water, beer, and eatin pills like Johnny Cash! The actuall peein it out part sounds scary but it doesn't hurt.
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Read the pain pill bottle carefully, then double. When I had mine I loaded up on the pain pills. Wife tells me I come walking into living room dressed in turkey hunting gear procalimin I was headed to the woods. She ended up driving me and letting me sit in the pasture for a couple hours.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
ducknbuck1
Veteran

Postby ducknbuck1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I get them about 4 times a year. Beer is good to flush the kidneys. It all depends on how big it is on how bad it hurts coming out. Biggest I have ever had was 5mm and it was a monster. Had to have that one broke up. And I'll answe the question befor it's asked, you never get use to them. Don't be scared to take feel good pills. I keep pain mess with me at all times. If you have a jacuzzi tub, you can get some relief from that.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Feel for you bro. Been there, done that. Ain't no fun.
Click
Duck South Addict

Postby Click » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Draw the hottest bath you can stand and soak in it for a while. Make sure to have the stone analyzed so you can know what in your diet is the cause.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Click nailed it on the head....lortab 10 few beers and bath as hot as u can stand....i feel ya pain been thru it 9 times
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Largest one I had was 7mm, had to have it busted up. Passed several myself...probably pushing 10. I don't go to the Dr any longer because I know what they are and I know what the process is...that is they hurt like a murf and it will take a couple days to pass. Bathtub full of water (for me) is 100% instant relief.
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
adame
Duck South Addict

Postby adame » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:43 am

had my first one last year, broken bones dont have $#!+ on one of those lil f'ers. doc told me i was having back spasms, gave me muscle relaxers. next day i had to go to the er(i was on base at the time), there for 4 hrs and never got any pain meds :evil: until i left. passed it 3 days later. it truly felt like the gates of heaven were being opened up after not peeing fro 3 days. :lol:
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 am

Last Christmas my wife went to Med Serve and was told she had kidney infection. Ended up in the ER that night and after a CT they said she had a stone about 6 or 7 mm and offered her morphine. She said okay she guessed. Doc asked if she wasn't hurting much and she said she felt "a little discomfort". Sucker was not going to pass it's own. They took her to the OR that night and pulled it out. Told her no more coke or tea and to drink lemonade.

My wife was born about 150 years to late. She has more pain tolerance than any person I've ever met. Stuff that should put somebody on their knees she just kind of shrugs off. I tell her she should have been in the covered wagon going across the prairie doing stuff like birthing a baby and then killing and skinning a bison for dinner that night.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Scully
Veteran

Postby Scully » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 am

Been there- no fun.....drink, drink ,drink. The more fluids you take in, the better your chance of passing it
He said" The sheriff is near"
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”