browning buck mark vs ruger mkIII

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
redneck22ms
Veteran

browning buck mark vs ruger mkIII

Postby redneck22ms » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 am

i'm having a hard time deciding which one of these to go with. let me know what you think of each one. and their pro's-con's. thanks
shoot them in the face they may be wearing body armor lol
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Re: browning buck mark vs ruger mkIII

Postby jtdumallard » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:29 am

I ran about 200 rounds through my buckmark last night with no problems. I've never owned or shot the ruger, but my buckmark is a tack driver.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
southernfire97
Veteran

Postby southernfire97 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 am

I'm a fan of the Ruger, have the 22/45 and I love it. Never owned the buckmark, but the Ruger has never failed me. Guess it depends on which one feels better in your hands. I think you would be happy with either.
CUT EM BOYS!!!
quack fiend
Veteran

Postby quack fiend » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am

I've owned both and put thousands of rounds thru each. Both are very accurate and reliable with their favored ammo, and have good triggers. I choose the buckmark because of much easier disassembly/cleaning, and the barrel is not integral with the receiver like the ruger--this makes for much easier barrel changes, especially if you want to buy an extra threaded barrel for a suppressor. The only con with the buckmark is the plastic sight base on the cheaper models, but I can live with that. That all being said, I'm currently shooting a GSG 1911-22 with suppressor and LOVE it.
you did put in the plug, right?
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 am

They are both fine shooting pistols, i also like the Berreta Neos as far as target 22's go. For a good all purpose 22 pistol i like the walther p22.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
slave601
Veteran

Postby slave601 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 am

My cousin put two boxes of 550 shells through a mark II in one day. Sounds crazy I know. The next day he put another box of 550 through it. The gun never hung up. He's a gun nut with no other hobbies an nothing else better to do. He can throw rocks in the air and bust em like it's second nature. He'll be on top shot one day I imagine. Anyways point is the ruger 22/45 and the mark IIIs are awesome and reliable. I'm a browning rifle man but ruger pistols are unbeatable
IF YOU POUR IT OUT, THEY WILL COME
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:13 pm

I have a Buckmark, ISSC M22, an advantage arms kit for a Glock that I shoot regularly. The Buckmark is by far the most accurate and dependable. The Ruger is nice but a little more difficult to detail strip. The Ruger will have more aftermarket accessories available than the Buckmark.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I have a buckmark and bring it to the range to shoot to let the revolvers cool. I'd say atleast 1500 - 2000 rounds through it and no problems.

For the two you list, it's a matter of personal preference. If its your first browning or ruger, then get that. If you have a collection of either, then get that to add to the collection.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Put about 100 rounds through my buckmark today, I love that little joker
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

We used to shoot the buckmark at our silhoutte matches when I was about 12. When my dad passed away I got his buckmark camper. I never really shot it much since I got it and wasn't sure if it was the same pistol that we used way back then.. I started using it again as a training pistol, but it started to jam a good bit, so I decied I would try and order a new magazine for it. Went online and dug the serial number up and found it the little joker was made in 1985.. With the new magazine I had my old tack driver back, and it is just as accurate as it was 27 years ago...
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I have a buck mark and I believe it is a MKIII 22/45. Buckmark eats anything you stick in it. ruger is kind of particular.
There will be a day....
redneck22ms
Veteran

Postby redneck22ms » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 pm

ended up going with the buckmark. got a pretty good deal on it on gunbroker. goin to put some rounds through it this weekend.
shoot them in the face they may be wearing body armor lol
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I own a buckmark and a mark2. I've had my buckmark since 1992. I am more partial to my buckmark and can shoot it better. But my mark2 is no slouch either. I would just buy both if I were you.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
quack fiend
Veteran

Postby quack fiend » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:34 am

Sorry no pic, check them out on gunbroker
you did put in the plug, right?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”