Direct tv viacom

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Rice
Duck South Addict

Direct tv viacom

Postby Rice » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 pm

How does this happen? I wonder how many people will drop direct tv if they dont fix this fast.
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: Direct tv viacom

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Flipped to Comedy Central last night to watch a show and saw the messages going across the bottom of the screen. They said it was unlikely that the channels will be lost or something like that. Sure enough when I get home today all the channels they listed last night are history. Awesome.....
SHERMANATOR
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

if you go to any of the channels thast are gone, you get a message from the CEO of DirecTV explaining what they are the good guys here, not an evil corporation like Viacom.
Says to visit http://www.directvpromise.com/
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm getting sick of this BS. When I had Dish, they threatened to take the Fox channels away, then when I switched to DirecTv, they threatened the same thing, and now this. You hear about this crap all the time now it seems.
kevinw
Veteran

Postby kevinw » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 pm

And you go to viacoms website an they say it's direct tv's fault. I guarantee none of us sees a credit from either for not providing channels we pay for.
JFW2006
Veteran

Postby JFW2006 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:57 pm

directv customer service says that it will be temporary till they come to an agreement..and they will adjust your bill accordingly...we will see if that happens or not!!
ENJOY LIFE, THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD..
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

I got a ticked off 9 year old and a fuming 4 year old at my house for sure.
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:10 pm

all part of negotiations now.... from directv's point of view, that's a billion dollars to account for, by either increasing what customers currently pay or decreasing profits..... from viacom's standpoint, that only amounts to adding 3 cents per customer per day. They'll end up falling somewhere in the middle most likely, and probably pretty soon.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm

this junk happesn all the time. they will both lose too much money if they don't come to an agreement. i think some of you secretly miss LOGO. my kids dont watch nick, so i say crap on em and give me a discount
There will be a day....
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm

That's why I don't stay in a contract. I called and got all sorts of free stuff to stay. Free movie channels and $30 off my bill per month for a year.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:12 am

I have direct TV and have no idea what y'all are talking about. I guess I dont want much TV these days. I"ll google it.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 am

My wife watches MTV and my daughter watches Nick Jr. Those are the ONLY two Viacom channels that we watch. They are making money off me for all the other channels they offer that we don't even turn to, but I still pay for.

We are back to using Netflix as it has Dora, Franklin, and Yo Gabba shows. $7.99 and viewed through the Wii. Started looking last night at what package I want to drop down to if this continues as the main reason I have the package I have now was to get Nick Jr.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
DuckTruck
Regular

Postby DuckTruck » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:08 am

They'll get something worked out when the advertisors start raising a stink. That is a ton of channels and a ton of ad revenue that has been paid for, and now the commercials aren't running.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am

They've come to an agreement. Should be getting those channels back pretty soon.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”