New water heater..

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JFW2006
Veteran

New water heater..

Postby JFW2006 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:11 am

Gotta buy a new water heater....any suggestions on brands? Ones to stay away from?
ENJOY LIFE, THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD..
js
Veteran

Re: New water heater..

Postby js » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

I would suggest going with a tankless water heater I like the fact of never running out of hot water plus it only uses gas or elec if the water is running as far as brands I'm not sure what's the best out there I have a rinnai only been using it for about three years so far so good with it.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:05 pm

No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

cbelmore
Regular

Postby cbelmore » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Tankless are great if you have a large home or family. However, if you have a normal home and a small family, the benefits greatly decrease. If you don't have gas. I wouldn't even consider an electric tankless. The heater itself is 4 times as much, as well as, most installs. If you have a large home and a huge demand for hot water, ie. everyone getting ready on Sunday morning, multi family functions, etc. then the cost can be justified. They are awesome also for extremely low use areas like a hunting camp or vacation home because the cost is justified and the power savings reflect it. However, in a "normal" home the efficiency isn't there yet. Just my opionion though. I'm a plumber in Atlanta, the prices of materials and installs might be a little better there, so check with a local Master Plumber for a better insight. There were some federal rebates (tax credits) available for tankless heaters so check into that also.
JFW2006
Veteran

Postby JFW2006 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 am

Im gona go the easy route an just replace with another tank...just curious on good brands..the one i have now is a whirlpool an its been a p.o.s since it was new..an was top of the line at lowes when it was bought a few years ago!
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 am

Are you on natural gas or propane? I've got a propane one that looks brand new in my garage. I took it out only to remodel and put in a tankless. It's 6 months old tops.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 am

I just bought a GE waterheater from Home Depot a couple of months ago, and have not had any problems. Easy install, just make sure the box has not already been opened.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

JFW2006
Veteran

Postby JFW2006 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 am

Mines electric..

Return to “General Discussion Forum”