Chattanooga, Tn...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Chattanooga, Tn...

Postby SB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I ate lunch at resturant that was called "Aunt B's" I believe. It was excellent home cooking. Fried chicked and mashed potato were fine. It was a "revolving table" style resturant. Round tables with Lazy Susans they plenty of good food.

I did stay at the Choo Choo.
Scott Baker
DuckTruck
Regular

Postby DuckTruck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Finally, a post I can respond to with an "expert opinion". I live in Chattanooga (haven't lived here all my life yet, but I plan on it).

Here is the "local info" I give to folks visiting.

-You better get a room in advance, they stay pretty booked. The Doubletree is right across from the Aquarium and is walking distance to most eats / bars / etc.
-The Choo Choo hotel is a rathole. Go see the Choo Choo, but try to get a room elsewhere.
-TN Aquarium is WELL worth the time and money. Really, really good. There are 2 parts now and they take about 6 hours to see everything ( you can do it in a couple if you're in a hurry)
- Creative Discovery Museum - GREAT for kids. Really cool place
- IMAX - Depends on the movie, some of them are pretty cool.
-Eats - There are tons of chains downtown (Chilis, TGI Fridays, Applebees, Etc). Sticky Fingers that was mentioned is downtown and is OK barbecue, Somebody also mentioned Beas Restaurant. THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN IN THE WORLD!! You have to drive there from downtown (its only about 10 minutes). It is right in the middle of the HOOD. One of the cool things about it is that may share a table with other folks. I have eaten there with everyone from Billionaires to ditch diggers. Their hours are kinda screwy, but its worth going. If you're looking for high end, Hennens is downtown and is really good.
- Breakfast - There is a place on the south side called the Bluegrass grill, best breakfast downtown. The Blue plate is not bad for breakfast as well.
- Rock City is pretty cool, its kinda Cheezy but its really clean and well kept. Ruby Falls as well.
- There is a minor league ball park right next to the aquarium. I think tickets are $ 5 each.
- Everywhere thats walking distance from downtown is safe.
- There is tons of cool shopping on the North side of the river (Northshore). Locally owned places with lots of cool knick knacks that chicks dig.
- There is also a FREE electric shuttle that runs all the way through downtown with about 20 stops. Totally free, and totally handy when your wife buys knick knacks
- The flight park (hang gliding) is pretty cool and is about a half hour from downtown
- Rafting is about an hour and half from downtown (even if you ride with a local)

Feel free to shoot me an email or text if you've got any other questions. I'm glad to help.
cagoodwn
Veteran

Postby cagoodwn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 am

And if you want to go fishing on the river/lake while you are there check out http://www.sceniccityfishing.com/.

Richard is usually on the fish and a real fine fellow. Tell him a chattanoogafishingforum.com member sent you.

I'm from chattanooga as well. All the places I'd recommend checking out have been mentioned. Plenty to do in the downtown area.
DuckTruck
Regular

Postby DuckTruck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 am

Richard stays pretty booked and its gonna be HOOOTTTTT next week. If he's got an opening, its well worth the effort. Also a cool way to see the City.
BBR12
Veteran

Postby BBR12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

I just got to chattanooga tonight anywhere close <1.5 hrs where I can take a 7 and 4 yr old to fish. Would really like to try for trout and smallmouth mostly. I found a place about 6 yrs ago up around cleveland taking the backroads to Gattlinburg, but didn't mark it on a map and last time I came through I couldn't find it. It was just a small slow running mountain stream with some deeper holes that was full of trout.
HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs
cagoodwn
Veteran

Postby cagoodwn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Hiawassee River near Reliance, TN. Telico River may be a little farther drive.
Delta Goose

Postby Delta Goose » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:56 am

Best three places to eat Big River Grill , Crust Pizza, and Sticky Fingers
JFW2006
Veteran

Postby JFW2006 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Was lookin at big river grills menu online! For u thats ate there what do u reccomend?
ENJOY LIFE, THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD..
DuckTruck
Regular

Postby DuckTruck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Everything I've ever had there has been really good. Their shrimp and grits are really good as well. They DO NOT have any other beer besides what they make. Theirs is really good though. There's usually a wait for a table but they have 2 huge bar areas. You can also eat in the bar as well.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 am

Stay at the Marriot right up from the Choo Choo. Very nice and terrible expensive. Have kin in Cleveland, TN and we stay in Chattanooga when we visit. Ride the fee street cars around town.
Are we gonna get wet?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”