Memphis high school coach fired locker room rant

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Memphis high school coach fired locker room rant

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Mods move this to the sports forum if you want just thought that I would post this. All I know is every coach I have ever had in life would have been fired. Hail my dad eat my ace out worse than this on the baseball field in high school. Anyway just thought I would share. IMO I think this is another pussification of America thing. Don't get on my kid cause he is sensitive

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog ... ool-wp7695
ransco33
Veteran

Re: Memphis high school coach fired locker room rant

Postby ransco33 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm

:shock: holy $#!+! He crawled all in their asses. I think it's great! If that doesn't get you pumped up and ready to play, you need to keep your ass in the locker room. Its a damn shame he lost his job over it cause some kid got his feelings hurt. What's worse is some smart ass recorded it on his phone and posted it for the whole world to hear. There's some things that should stay in the locker room. This is one of them.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Here is what jumped out at me. He teaches 5 calculus classes a day. Bet there are very few high school coaches in Mississippi that teach any classes at all. If they do it is something like drivers ed. At least give him his teaching job back.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. The guy was screwed over big time. Far as I can tell he got fired for doing what coaches do. He was just trying to motivate his team.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

If u have to use profanity to motivate young men then your judgment is lacking and have very little creativity.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:33 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I've been on the receiving end of one of those rants just as most on here have. We live in a day and age where EVERYTHING you say or do can be videoed and recorded without you knowing it. If we are going to can him we probably should can a pretty good junk of high school coaches across America. I think where he failed was in not realizing that you are under a microscope from the moment you walk out the door in the morning until you return and anything you do can be put all over the World Wide Web. There in no "sanctity of the locker room" anymore. The what, when, where, why, and how of everything that happens can get posted.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
puddin
Regular

Postby puddin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

There was no sence in some the words he used in this speech. I grew up with a coach that would cuss but it was nothing to the extent of this. He is in a leadership role and should show himself as a leader and mentor. I take my child to church and instill the beliefs I have in her so therefor I dont want somebody using things like this in leadership roles around her. No I am not a perfect man but I try to do right in my life and raising my child.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Kinds of made me want to go strap on some pads!

Sounds like they needed that...there is no "I" in "team".
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Alright I think the most important factor should be where this took place. What the hell kind of kids do you think this guy was probably talking to?

I remember the fat kid eating a chalkboard eraser at half time one time. Ol' coach was raisin' hell, thought he'd get the point across by throwing the chalkboard eraser. Well the fat kid, you know the fat kid, happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The last thing he saw was the floor. We ain't strangers to championships at Louisville, he got his booty up and didn't blink an eye. Nobody did. It didn't happen.

No way anyone is going to "politically correct" me into thinkin' that this recording was justifiable. This kid is a POON...raised by momma, will grow up to be a flamer POON. I am sad, nobody cares, I cut myself, daddy doesn't love me POON. He needs his booty whipped by his dad and this wouldn't be a problem. Kids that were raised worth a damn don't feel the need to record this. They have respect. Then again, the coach wouldn't have to talk this way if kids were raised right.

That coach was totally justified for talking that way. Why was he justified? Because he's a coach, dammit. It's what coaches and men do when a youngin' acts up. They chew your booty.

Me and my cousin were talking about working for my uncle on his farm a couple of years ago. On any given day there were various elders from the community coming around when it looked to be even a remote chance of a crowd forming around the shop. Even though we weren't "youngin' s" per say, we were the "youngin' s". Take something trivial like changing a disc blade out: We "youngin' s" were the ones paid to do it. As a youngin' you knew you had a hoard of old timers standing around just WAITING for you to turn a bolt the wrong way, grease an alemite one time too many, make one bad swing with a sledgehammer- and you were going to catch HELL from the a baker's dozen worth of old timers all at once. But you know what? That's part of it man. Used to us youngin's knew it. It was part of learning. I loved it. It was a chance to tell every 'nar one of em to kiss my booty let me work- and catch even more hell. This kid better get use to it.

What the hell is happening to this country man... I'm a youngin and even I can't understand the generation gap. Unbelievable.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 pm

I grew up with a grandfather who drove a tank on Normandy beach and the Battle of the Bulge. He also served time at Parchman for murder. Cussing us out on the farm was just an everyday thing. I swore I would never dog cuss anyone the way he did me, even though I knew he loved me. One thing he did teach me was not to take any mess off of anybody. He also taught me how to work my tail off. He was the definition of old school.

I have heard cops dog cuss people. I feel that you can get your message across without using profanity, and I find it very unprofessional when I hear a LE officer using it, especially in a public setting. Nothing more rude or embarrassing than to be sitting at the lunch table with a bunch of uniformed officers and they are using obscene language that can be heard by other people in the restaurant.
Last edited by Wingman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Man that coach doesn't owe anybody an apology. I don't know if that's a private school or not but our PE coaches in highschool (private) talked to us worse than that. My football coaches made that guy look like a disciple. Its part of the game and I could careless if you don't agree, you are wrong. Bunch of poons.
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 pm

This was a shelby county school in collierville tn which is right outside memphis. This school is probably 75-80% white kids. Very rich school and in the upper class I guess you could say.
Right up there with Houston and Germantown High schools.

Just a little inside on the school. We played them in all sports in high school. The coaches they had before this guy were wild, but hey they are coaching college ball now :shock: Never had issues out of them for anything
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer

Return to “General Discussion Forum”