Two questions about a new pup

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bookum1

Two questions about a new pup

Postby bookum1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:33 pm

I just got my first CHL and I have a few Q's. I have read waterdog and watched several video's but none really mention what the pups daily routine should be. I am capable and have the time freedom to accomodate almost anything.

Baily is only 8 weeks and I have only had her for a few days. I have teased some retrieves with her and she will retreive a piece of towel with a not tied in it, but I can't seem to get her interested in anything else. I am wondering what would make her want to retreive only the one thing. Seems like she couldn't have had enough experience yet to know what she wants and doesn't want to go after.... Just curious
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Re: Two questions about a new pup

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 pm

http://www.ducksouth.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26780

Read the puppy post. It is a great read. I bet I read it once a day when I first got my pup.

Be patient with her. 8 weeks is way to early to be worried about anything regarding retrieving and such. My pup did not really get the retrieving edge until she was 4-5 months old if I remember correctly and now you can stop her. It will come with time.

Enjoy those puppy years, they go extremely fast....

Return to “General Discussion Forum”